First glass.. Brands?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by juuzerneim, Jan 12, 2014.

1. I want to buy my first bong, probably from grasscity shop because im in Europe and that -35%.... ;) Which brands are recommended, which are not? Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I wouldn't worry about brands for awhile man, just pick out a bong that looks cool and it atleast 5mm thick

3. Don't listen to him. Some brands actually do make a difference. Spend the money, get good glass and be real careful with it. Cheap glass even if 5mm thick isn't the same as a 5mm roor, möbius, toro, illadelph and so on.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. [quote name="AlphaOmega420" post="19323175" timestamp="1389490153"]I wouldn't worry about brands for awhile man, just pick out a bong that looks cool and it atleast 5mm thick[/quote]Not everything with same numbers is the same.. For example - iPhone 5s and google nexus 5.. Nexus has 2x bigger processor with 2x more cores but iPhone is faster anyway.. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. [quote name="Dr fumbles" post="19325043" timestamp="1389516189"]Don't listen to him. Some brands actually do make a difference. Spend the money, get good glass and be real careful with it. Cheap glass even if 5mm thick isn't the same as a 5mm roor, möbius, toro, illadelph and so on.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/quote]Thanks! :)Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Grav Labs, Phire, Helix, HVY, Illadelph, Kind Creations, Manifest, Opinicus 9, Sovereignty, SYN, Zob

7. Half the time they sell you bullshit, which is why I suggest not buying into brands until you can understand the differences and not get swindled....

8. Thanks!

You cant buy normal bongs where I live, only some cheap plastic shits and some shitty galss bongs for $20... So only possibility is to buy online.. And why should I spend more money online on crap when I can do it here too.. ;) 
    Thats why I ask you which you would recommend, which not... ;) Peace.

9. Blackleaf if youre going cheap 

10. If you're set on buying from the GC shop and want a good intro glass piece of alright quality, I'd check out the EHLE pieces.

11. sorry to break it to yall, but if you drop that shit, it will break no matter the thickness.

i dropped my $400 mobius, glass thick as fuck, ruined. The only thing i've seen having thick glass that can come in handy with is if you plan to repair it. It may not break completely, but that doesn't mean you can't go out and buy a brand new piece for the same price as you would have spent paying a glass blower for his time, work, and oven space to repair your cracked beaker. (which the projects can take months.. got a 6 month wait estimate for some of my pieces)

Optimally, drop around 100-200 USD on a piece and you'll be fine. There are plenty of bongs/bubblers where you can get some dope pieces for this price. Don't buy locally though, they love butt fuckin people with their bull shit prices.

the extra cash you're droppin is for the brand names, fuck that shit, i loved my mobius, but 400 for a piece of glass, fuck that. I've busted like $1000 worth of glass this year, i don't need anymore lol. So happy i'm off my meds so i can actually grib the piece properly now. Savin glass everyday.

12. Thanks! :)Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum