First frost

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Pimpmyhoe2005, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Does anyone know what date the first frost is in northern nj? I think it's like oct 15 anyway almost. Every strain I want to grow next year won't be finished by than is there anything I can do to protect my plants from the morning frost? Also will the morning frosts be in the weather forcasts?

2. It's really hard to predict that, and pinpoint it down to a specific date. Fair assumptions are:

The daylight period will get noticiblly shorter in August
    September will be cooler then August
    October will be cooler then September.

I think if you plant in mid-April, you will be ok. Yes, they do put frost warnings in the forecasts.

3. There is offical frost dates on the net ( gov related i think) and that will tell you guys. Just watch lowest temp on your local weather and make sure it is not going to go below 0 degrees.

I will be cutting most of mine in Oct, very early oct i must add.

-BH

4. yeah im in mass and im planning early october too. a little frost wont hurt anyways.

5. So is the seed bank wrong then if it says that the strain will be finished by like let's say beginning of nov. And as long as you plant it early enough it'll finish before expected date?

6. I think there is alot of marketing coming from the seed banks. What they say is an ideal situation.

You could probably cover your plants up with a light blanket to protect them from frost if you needed to.

7. don't worry even though its getting cool now...

"indian summer" will be here soon...