First FDA-Approved Cannabis Medicine Epidiolex to Cost $32,500 a Year

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Buzzer777, Aug 16, 2018.

• Like Like x 1
  1. certainly costs that much because insurance will take up the slack... in walks cannabis insurance so that = a plant you can grow freely is now 32k a year

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. That's gonna be a tough sell with my favorite CBD strain presently selling for $40.oz. Must be a pretty complex, expensive process they are using to get that extract. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I
    It's all about recouping their R&D + Approval expenses..After that the price should come down..NOT!! LMAO

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. breaking into a new market too must cost them a lot... they are ethanol extracting the cbd , probably terp recapture too and then they add some THCv into the formula

• Like Like x 1
  5. Their tactics (GW Pharma), including the FDA approval process and lobbying in states with no MJ laws except prohibition were never aimed at anything except cornering those market(s). They need to make their bank quick, thus the big opening price. The gambit is kinda like a short sell in the pharmaceutical Cannabis market. There is still plenty of doubt on various levels and many unanswered questions about pharma weed product(s). With the legalization movement gaining steam, their investment is on the bubble.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Once big Pharma and commercial growers get into the game just watch them ban home growing as it'll hurt their bottom line.
    They will claim us home growers are a threat to national security or some such bullshit.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I would agree..However I bet that there are tooooooo many growers that will call BS and continue to grow..ME INCLUDED;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. All you have to do is look at Arizona's laws.
    If you live within 25 miles of a pot shop you can't grow.
    Now what kinda bullshit is that if not outright protectionism.
    BNW

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. LOL you, me, and a whole lotta others.
    BNW

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. In Nevada, you cannot grow a strain that is available within 25 miles of home (dispensary of course)..That sucks too, but is a bit more tolerable imo.

11. The govt. had a patent on cannabis for years maybe decades... i had the patent number at one time... they saw it coming even as they called it a harmful substance... This is why we need single payer... yes, the regressive right corp. welfare state will claim that it is due to offset R & D, blah blah and that health insurance most can't afford will pick up the slack, blah blah blah... i call BS full stop.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. #13 Buzzer777, Aug 20, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2018
    reported!
    spam1.gif

13. Wow. I bet growers in your area have all the most exotic strains! "No, your honor, I couldn't find a Jack Herrer/Blue Dream/xPunto Rojo/Haze strain within 25 miles of home!" lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. hahahah..AND if you grew say White Widow, would they genetically test your plant..? LMAO

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Let's see them find this strain..LOL
    (not happening, since I made it myself!!)
    8-17-18.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Hahaha... I can see Leafly ecoming a legal reference source. "So, Mr. Doe... you said your regular medication is Cannatonic but the dispensary has none so you were growing your own? But they have Harlequin and AC/DC, isn't that close enough?"

"Not no but fuck no, your Honor."
    "30 days or 30 dollars. See the bailiff. Next!" :judge::bolt:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. "30 days or 30 dollars. See the bailiff. Next!"

ADD:..Judge says: "Leave me a sample for evaluation and get a reduced sentence"..LMFAO

• Funny Funny x 1