First ever grow. What do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Arcadian, Aug 22, 2017.

1. This is my first grow. 3 auto Northern lights x Big bud. Grown in 5g buckets filled with ffof mixed with Happy frog. I'm using a 432w t5ho in a 4x4 tent. These pics are from earlier today at day 55. Most trichomes are still clear. Please let me know what you guys think of my plants or set up...

Thanks![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  2. Wow man, those look great! Did you use the scog method to get a nice canopy or did you do a lot of LST?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  3. Great job man! Finish strong! Not everyone can grow this shit. There's a lot more involved than sprinkling some seeds with tap water. You're doing great! I harvested a pound off of 7 plants in my first grow and learned a lot because of multiple stresses I encountered. I'll start my next indoor grow in October and hopefully yield more with fewer plants.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thank you! No scrog. Just lots of lst with pipe cleaners and that rubber wire stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thanks man! It's been lots of fun and quite a learning experience for me as well. Fortunately not very many problems for me though... Yet. I'm trying to read up on how to finish. I have a couple weeks to go Im guessing. Depending on the trichomes. But the drying and curing process are going to be a test as well. I hope it turns out smelling and tasting good.
    I'm not sure I will have anywhere near a yield like you. I know the buds shrink a lot when dry. A pound for 7 plants is awesome. That's over 2 ounces per plant! Im not real sure what to expect with mine. As far as dry weight goes.
    Thanks again man!

6. Wow looks great, Good job !!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. How many weeks of Flowering so far?

8. Thanks! I appreciate it :)

9. IMG_20170821_133546.jpg IMG_20170630_125703.jpg IMG_20170821_133441.jpg IMG_20170821_133441.jpg I'm on first grow too, but choose to do outside grow first. Mine are just into their 4th week of Flowering. 4 of them are around 8ft tall.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. These are autoflower. They start flowering early. It was around week three, so about 5 weeks of flower... Autos kind of veg and flower at the same time

11. Mine is just bag seed. Don't know what kind, but guessing a sativa dominant hybrid. Wanted to make sure, I still have a green thumb before I sink a lot of money into this. Grow house is next.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thanks. Growing outdoors n Floroda is a challenge, I must say. Yeah they are big and bushy. Counted the buds on one this morning, lost track after 170.

13. Wow! At least you have a nice long growing season down there. I'm in Minnesota myself. The summers are pretty short. If I ever do grow outside I will have to veg them indoors first. And I'm gonna stick with autos for awhile anyway since they have such high cbd. My wife has lupus and needs the medical side of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Yes the season is long, but the humidity is terrible. Using Oscillating fans to keep them happy. I popped 4 seeds, lucky only one was a male. After topping the three, it gave me 6 total. I wanted to do auto Flowers, but wasn't sure who to trust to order from. These are fine for now, as they smell sweet, piney and skunky.

• Like Like x 1
  15. How much does it cost monthly to run your lights?

16. Great job training. You're a natural. That's some of the best T5 flowered bud I've seen.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Well, it's kinda hard to say. Since I started, my bill has actually stayed about the same. But I think its because of the new refrigerator I got about the same time though lol. My old one was a pos. But T5s are fairly cheap to run. I like them for that fact, and they make no noise like led. Even though I am looking into other lights for later in the future

18. Thanks Tbone! I really appreciate that :) Especially coming from someone so experienced as you. Looks like you've been here for awhile .. It's really been a lot of fun. I dislocated my knee awhile back so I've had plenty of time at home to educate myself. And plenty of time to set up and tend to my plants as well. It's been pretty easy really. I haven't had to give them much for nutes. Just some grow big, tiger bloom, and cal mag mainly. Molasses and seaweed fert a couple feedings too. And I've only used rain water that I've been catching in a barrel. And about week 4 I switched half of my t5 bulbs out for the red spectrum ones. I have been looking at some leds for future grows though. Kinda undecided. After these ones are done I have some auto girl scout cookies to start. Also gonna be under t5s. Pretty excited to grow those as well.
    Thanks again man!