First Ever Grow Journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by RedRose, Jan 16, 2014.

1. #21 RedRose, Mar 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2014
    sorry for the lack of updates blades i had much work :hide:
    so here is Day 84:
    Sin Trabajo: after a nitrogen TOXISITY i flushed her and just give water in the flowering cuz i dont have flower fertiizer. Finaly some buds are starting to grow! :yummy:
    sin trabajo day 82.JPG sin trabajo day 82 buds.JPG
    Bagseed: is outdoor on the terrace now. the leafes are big and after 2,5 month SHE is 30cm tall.  fist pistils are growing on the top.
    bagseed day 82.JPG
    To make this a bit more interresting i will show 2 OG Kush too. They both are in the 6th week now, one on the terrasse and one "indoor" in the sun with the sin trabajo.
    OG Kush:
    OGK week 6.JPG

2. #22 RedRose, Mar 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2014
    So, here im back with some news! from now i will post all the girls at once.
    Following strains are growing right now:
    • Sin Trabajo (Auto fem.)(90 days)
    • Bagseed (regular, but female)(90 days)
    • 2x OG Kush (fem.) (7 weeks)
    • AK Goxuak (Auto fem.) (5 weeks)
    Ok here we go:

Sin Trabajo: I had many problems with her, including nitrogen toxicity (falsly diagnosted as nitrogen deficiens, so i added more fertilizer and it got worse) and mold on the soil due to too much humidity. She is flowering now kinda slow and smells weird, also the leaves are yellowish and burned on some points. I also did some LST on the lower branches. I give her only water without fertilizer now, as she soon is ready. And here i need your help at 2 points: i have a budget near to zero and need a fungicide that dont hurts the plant. does anyone know any household recipe against fungi?
    The second point is that i dont know when to harvest. So how much time left do you think??
    sin trabajo day 90.JPG
    Bagseed: Smaller than the 2 month younger AK, and hanging down the leaves. nothing more to say, i dont even know if i will keep her.
    bagseed day 90.JPG
    OG Kush 1: She is doing really good, nearly as big as the Sin Trabajo. The lower leaves are kinda big due to a bit too much nitrogen, but not intoxicated like the Sin Trabajo. I did LST on the stem and when they are a bit longer i will do so on the branches too. I feed her with a 4 day period: 1st day seaweed fertilizer, 2nd and 3th day just water and on the 4th day nothing.
    ogk 1 week 7_1.JPG ogk 1 week 7_2.JPG
    OG Kush 2: Growing nice too, but still not as big as the 1st one. I have her outside on the terrasse in a small pot and the roots are already coming out on the downside so i need to transplant tomorrow. Will do LST too on the branches, but they are still too short. Same feeding as the first OG.
    ogk 2 week 7.JPG
    AK Goxuak: She is doing GREAT!! when she came out i didnt think she would survive, as she needed over a week to germinate and then grew very slow with damaged leaves. but now she is ok, and looks bigger and healthier than all the others! I have outdoor guerilla, and feed everytime i go there on the first day with seaweed, second day just clear water and third day sugar water for the microbes. I made a circle of salt around her too for the snails.
    Ak week 5.JPG

3. I noticed some black points on the stems and under the leaves of the 2nd OG after transplanting to the bigger pot. it could be either just dirt or spidermites. if it ARE spidermites how can i be secure of it and what can i do against it as i dont have the money for any comercial insecticides..?

4. Hi blades! i just harvested the Sin trabajo yesterday (day 103 of growth), waaay to late due to a nitrogen problem and a fungi :mad:. Didnt got very much, but at least its a bit...
    and here she is: sin trabajo end.JPG

The AK is doing fine; she is in week 7 now, covered by pistils, and dont gets any more fertilizer.
    ak week 7.JPG
    and here are the two non-auto OG Kush: The first one will be ready for cloning soon, so i need a rooting hormone. The second one(with less LST) is a bit smaller and outside on the terrasse with less care than the first.
    ogk 1 week 9_2.JPG ogk 1 week 9_1.jpg ogk 2 week 9_2.JPG ogk 2 week 9_1.JPG

5. Those leaf's are called the Cotyledons and they provide the initial nutrients to your plant up until they rely on you to feed them.

6. Time for a lil update!
    The bagseed is REALLY dead now lol. was a bad seed anyways...
    I got some Devil Cream from sweet seeds too. cant wait for these dank black buds :laughing:
    The other girls:
    Goxuak: is in week 8 now and starting with buds. After a bad start, she is a really impressive plant now!
    I just have one question... When the seedbank said she needs 9,5 weeks, is this 9 weeks to start flowering or to finish it??
    ak week 8.JPG
    OG Kush 1: really REALLY nice! She will be the mother for many strong and healthy clones soon. I just need a huge new pot and some soil now...
    ogk 1 week 10_1.JPG ogk 1 week 10_2.JPG ogk 1 week 10_3.JPG ogk 1 week 10_4.JPG ogk 1 week 10_5.JPG ogk 1 week 10_6.JPG
    OG Kush 2: Not as nice as the first one, but still a good plant. She is in the biggest pot i had, and will stay there untill harvest.
    ogk 2 week 10_1.JPG ogk 2 week 10_2.JPG ogk 2 week 10_3.JPG

7. Greetz from sunny Spain!
    So here we go we have now:
    -2 OG Kush, in week 11
    -1 Goxuak, in week 9
    -3 Devil Cream, in week 1

OG Kush: The first one is doing nice, but her pot is now filled all over with roots, so much that they already show upside of the soil... I got a BIG pot (a bucket i made holes downside), i think it will hold like 90-100 Liters. I will buy an 80L sack of the same cheap potting soil she has now tomorrow and fill up the rest with earth from outside. Yesterday i did some last LST before the transplant. To evitate a shock i will just cut the bottom of the pot and bury it in there.
    The second OG is not that nice, but will still yield good. I did the LST wrong and the stem is crooked to the side, so i think that was the failure. So, here they are:
    ogk 1 week 11.JPG ogk 2 week 11.JPG
    Goxuak: One week left to harvest! As its autoflowering, i think i shouldnt had to LST...
    Ak week 9.JPG
    Devil Cream: All 3 seeds germinated well, but one took a long time to show leaves, another came out just like any other good seed and the third one... well the third one has THREE leaves instead of two. kinda weird, but hey, more internodes mean more buds! :laughing:
    So, they grew in rockwool cubes for a week and today i transplanted them outdoor.
    devil cream week1e.JPG devil cream week1f.JPG devil cream week1a.JPG devil cream week1b.JPG devil cream week1c.JPG devil cream week1d.JPG

8. GOXUAK harvested last sunday in week 10!
    ak final 1.JPG ak final 2.JPG ak final 3.JPG

OG Kush: they are in week 13 now. I trimmed the lower leaves and branches of both and transplanted the first one in a 50L pot compo sana universal mix. did some LST on the main and second branches while the stem should grow a bit more upwards. That's the first lady:
    ogk 1 week 13.JPG ogk 1 week 13 2.JPG ogk 1 week 13 3.JPG ogk 1 week 13 4.JPG ogk 1 week 13 5.JPG
    and this is the second:
    ogk 2 week 13 1.JPG ogk 2 week 13 2.JPG ogk 2 week 13 3.JPG

Devil Cream: The new members of the sweet seeds red family are doing great! The "mutated" one with 3 internodes is waaay bigger than her sis or any other 3 weeks old. here they are;
    devil cream week3 b.JPG devil cream week3 c.JPG devil cream week3 d.JPG devil cream week3 e.JPG devil cream week3 f.JPG devil cream week3 a.JPG

9. and here i have a bud shot for you :smoking:

Attached Files:

10. after 2 weeks of growth, back with some updates! i finaly got enough fertilizer, 2 different for flowering and 1 for vegging, and i found a bagseed that germinated fine :smoke: . Tomorrow i will get some auto Critical #47 and maybe some clonex for the OG.
    fertilizer compo+bio.JPG

so at the moment we have following strains:
    2x OG kush (fem.) -> week 15
    2x Sweet Seeds Devil Cream (auto fem.)-> week 5
    1x Bagseed -> week 0

OG Kush;1# Legen, wait for it,,, dary! i could easy get 6 clones out of it! The stem and the main branches are really thick and the second branches are ready to be self-sufficient plants.The trimming and LST just works great to develop a huge bushy structrure and the fertilizer works good enough for green healthy leaves.
    ogk 1 week 15a.JPG ogk 1 week 15b.JPG ogk 1 week 15c.JPG ogk 1 week 15d.JPG ogk 1 week 15e.JPG ogk 1 week 15f.JPG ogk 1 week 15g.JPG ogk 1 week 15h.JPG
    OG kush:2# way smaller than the first and in a smaller pot with worse soil due to my lack of money :confused_2:
    Did some trimming on the failed LST and at least it develops her branches fast enough.
    ogk 2 week 15a.JPG ogk 2 week 15b.JPG ogk 2 week 15c.JPG
    Devil Cream; The soil is very dry and poor, the sun is shining strong, and i have to water the guerilla garden everyday :laughing: .
    devil cream week5a.JPG devil cream week5b.JPG devil cream week5c.JPG

11. #31 RedRose, May 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2014
    I finally got many seeds: new to the grow are a bunch of Critical #47 (from which germinated 4/5) and 11 bagseeds (germinating now). The fucked up weather, that changes from days of desert-like dryness to heavy icestorms, destroyed 2 of the 3 Devil Cream, so now totally there are 8 plants and a bunch of seeds. Pics will come tomorrow!
    An Epic plague of jumping little bugs did their work too on all the plants near to the Devil Cream.

12. #32 RedRose, Jun 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2014
    Sorry for taking so long, here are the promised pics:
    There are 15 plants in the grow now.
    • 2 OG Kush (Fem.)(Dinafem seeds) 4 month +1 week
    • 1 Devil Cream(auto fem)(Sweet Seeds) week 8
    • 4 Critical#47 Express(auto fem)(Positronics) week 1
    • 1 bagseed week 3
    • 7 bagseeds week 0
    • the last bagseed and 1 auto maxi gom germinating
    OG Kush: OG#1 is really huge now, and my mother plant. I experimentally cloned under the sunlight, but from 6 clones just 1 is surviving and isnt lloking good. I try to get a small grow setup for her until august to keep her vegging and producing mother-clones for the next summer.Even the branches on the main branches are tops now, converting the whole thing to a huge bush full of nodes. I allready LST on the stem(that is thinner than the branches lol), on the main branches and on the branches coming out of the branches :laughing:
    ogk 1 week 17 a.JPG ogk 1 week 17 b.JPG ogk 1 week 17 c.JPG ogk 1 week 17 d.JPG ogk 1 week 17 e.JPG ogk 1 week 17 f.JPG ogk 1 week 17 g.JPG
    OG#2 has someway like entered the flowering stage, i dont know why, but im allready smoking some buds and they are not bad quality! I need help here, why has she started budding before summer even starts?? i did wrong LST on the stem, in a 30L bucket with bad soil and had her very lonely and unsupervised on the north side of the house. there is much sun too, but could this be the cause? Can i maybe just cut of the buds and revegg or reflower or something or should i let her grow with the buds until her normal flowering age?
    Here she is:
    ogk 2 week 17a.JPG ogk 2 week 17b.JPG ogk 2 week 17b1.JPG ogk 2 week 17d.JPG ogk 2 week 17e.JPG
    Devil Cream: One is surviving, the other 2 died due to bad weather and plagues. I found Ants, and used garlic. it worked great, a few cloves of garlic and watering and instantly no more ants, cheap and easy :smoke:
    The plants where covered of this white little jumping bugs, just 1-2mm in size and sometimes with something like 2 stings on the ass :confused_2: I cathed a few of them and something like a little grasshoper. Then i went to the grow and they identified the grasshopper as thrips, but didnt knew what the small bugs were. after not founding anything similar the conclusion was that they are some kind of aphids, because of the ants. I got these insecticide for just 4,5€ and a seed of auto melon gum for 4,5.- too. Here is another question. should i throw away the garlic now or do i keep it on the soil to prevent more ants? and should i spray more times with insecticide or is it enough with killing the critters one time?
    cibelte.jpg
    The plant is kinda streching, with very thin stem and thin branches. on The first internode all 3 branches are long, but all the higher internodes just have one long branch.

devil cream week8b.JPG devil cream week 8a.JPG

Critical#47: 4/5 seeds germinated and sproud very fast. after 4 days the roots allready came out of the cubes. Yesterday i transplanted them outdoor and sprayed with the insecticide, because these beasts allready populated the half growing area. After that they went away, i just saw one or two lonely survivors since then.
    I burried 25cm deep holes and filled them with a bit humus at the ground then a thick cap of soil, another thin cap of humus and the rest filled again with soil.
    crit47 week 3.JPG crit47 week 3a.JPG crit47 week 3b.JPG crit47 week 3 c.JPG crit47 week 3 group.JPG
    Bagseed #1: it was transplanted outdoor in the infected area and the leaves are all eaten out. nothing more to say...
    bagseed1 week3.JPG
    Bagseed #2: everyday more and more seeds germinated, they are still in the cubes but soon i can transplant the first.
    bagseeds week 1.JPG

13. Coming along nicely, really bushy. I can tell that OG Kush is going to be killer. 

14. What can you tell me from the smaller Og kush, can i harvest and re-vegg/flower?

15. I believe you should continue to let it it ride for a couple weeks. If you see more bud sights then u can tell its in flowering stage, I dont think you can crop then re-veg. Have you thought about cloning OG #1?

16. yea i definitely will clone her. i allready got the clonex and tryed cloning under sunlight, but 5 of 6 dies the first day and the other got covered of mold... So this week i will try to get a propagator with some cfl.  I even thought about building a small vegging room and let her grow cuttings for the next year.

17. Yeah thats the tricky part about outdoors. What kind of plugs did you use? And I wanted to make a separate Veg room also for my next grow. I have to get a better humidity dome because mine was cheap.

18. #38 RedRose, Jun 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2014
    Ok 2,5 weeks without an update, im sorry and here im back!
    i dont even know how many plants there are right now, so i'll just start without listing the actual strains.
    My mother plants, OG Kush: I got 10 cuttings, and still dont have trimmed enough, lol. I got the dome for 8.- and 2 cfl bulbs 6.- each. I have the humidity dome with the clones on the top of a bookshelf in my room since yesterday, and thanks to this goddamn lights i couldnt sleep this night...
    Clones: Og clone.JPG Og clone2.JPG
    Og #1(donor): Nothing more to say than really huge! on the north-east side the nodes are more together, docking in smaller branches covered of preflowers and trichomes, while the branches on the south and west part are really large, woody and growing uncountable cuttings (i dont use any branch as cutting, just the ones that fit the requirements and anyways have to be trimmed.)
    ogk 1 week 19a.JPG ogk 1 week 19b.JPG ogk 1 week 19d.JPG ogk 1 week 19c.JPG
    Og #2: I finally decided to cut off the bad parts, leaving 4 branches. That resulted in a grow sprint, nearly reaching the size of the plant before trimming. I took some cuttings from her too, but the OG#1 Clones are looking much better.
    ogk 2 week 19a.JPG ogk 2 week 19b.JPG ogk 2 week 19c.JPG
    The failed try :laughing: Devil Cream: She should be ready at 8 weeks, is in week 10 now and didnt really budded. dunno if its because of the weather or the critters.
    devil cream week 10.JPG
    and my actual favorite of the autos: Critical #47: They're 5 and a half week old now, at 68 days they are ready. The first is huge, the second tiny and undernuted (i give her the same nutes than to all others :eek: ) and the other 2 are kinda normal size. One of them showed MALE preflowers, i had to cut them all off. Well, feminized seeds just give you 99,9% female plants lol.
    crit47 week 5a.JPG crit47 week 5b.JPG crit47 week 5c.JPG crit47 week 5d.JPG crit47 week 5e.JPG crit47 week 5f.JPG crit47 week 5g.JPG crit47 week 5i.jpg crit47 week 5h.JPG
    The youngest one Maxi Gom: like the critical#47 ist a hybrid of Critical Mass and AK47, but i dont know from which seedbank.She is 2 weeks old, and i transplanted her outdoor with the last bagseeds a few days ago. maxi gom week 2.JPG
    And here are the free seeds: Bagseed#1: SHE is a girl and developing many large branches. I'm thinking of doing some LST, because after the plague she rehabilitated fast and nearly nothing shows that 2 weeks ago she almost died because thrips and other beasts.
    bagseed week 5a.JPG bagseed week 5b.JPG
    Bagseed #2: i got them all outdoors on my spot now, way too near together for a guerilla garden i think, i slowly get fear of getting caught with them, cuz they are growing big and fast, and most of them are female or unsexed, i thought i would have to kill more males, so i planted them that much together, but this way i think they are kinda easy to spot from the air.
    bagseeds week 3a.JPG bagseeds week3b.JPG bagseeds week 3c.JPG bagseeds week 3d.JPG bagseeds week 3e.JPG bagseeds week 3f.JPG bagseeds week 3g.JPG bagseeds week 3h.JPG bagseeds week 3i.JPG
    What plugs?

Attached Files:

19. Hi, im sorry for not uploading more pics, but my phone cable is broken so i cant get them on the pc...
    All my plants are doing great, i want to transplant the OG's in open earth as they dont grow anymore in the pots. The Auto Critical#47 are good too, one of them is nearly 1m tall!

20. #40 RedRose, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2014
    After 2 month i will be back this afternoon with some pics! All the plants are looking so nicely, i really learned much about cultivating since the beginning of this journal :)
    The grow is now including:
    -> 2 OG kush
    -> 1 Blue Cheese
    -> 1 Terciopelo(Critical Kush)
    ->3 Critical #47 express
    -> 1 Afghan express
    -> 1 Bagseed (Cheese)
    -> 3 Bagseeds, each of different strain
    -> 2 more bagseeds of same strain
    -> 1 Roadrunner