First Ever Grow Journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by RedRose, Jan 16, 2014.

1. #1 RedRose, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2014
    Hi everyone this is my first grow ever journal.
    Ok here is the plan:
    Seeds:
    • 3 Barney`s Sin Trabajo
    • 2 Unknown bagseeds
    Soil: I couldnt find any open gardening center after i germinated the seeds... :laughing:  So the seedlings will go in noname flower soil until i transplant to Cannabiogen AllMix.

Pots: I have the seelings in small pots made of carton, so when i transplant to the 5L pots i can just put em in and the carton will decompose without having a transplation shock.

Lights: I bought 2 of these cheap bulbs in the hardware Store, the guy from the Growshop says they`ll work fine for the first weeks and then i will buy some 400W 4500K CFLs

• 09.01 0:00-> starting germinating the 1. Sin Trabajo
    • 10.01 18:00-> start germinating the other 2 Sin Trabajo and 1 bagseed
    • 14.01 13:00-> Start germinating the 2. bagseed
    •           14:00-> The 1. Bagseed Sproud
    • 15.01 11:30->The 2. Bagseed Sproud and 2 Sin Trabajo cracked up but dont look  healthy
    • 16.01 13:30->One Sin Trabajo seems dead(dont even came out of the seed) and one other is allready coming out of the soil

Attached Files:

2. Day 6: the Sin Trabajo shows up

Attached Files:

3. #3 RedRose, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2014
    ok back with some updates:
    Day 8:
    The Sin Trabajo rehabilitated and is growing very fast. She really deserves her name. Stretching very much, so i moved her closer to the light and now she is growing fine and straight up. Thats how seedlings can easily grow with a usual house bulb of less than 40W. Really need to install the stronger bulbs this week.
    One of the bagseeds grew too, and had a few problems with throwing away the seed so i had to help her. now she looks healthy too, while i dont thínk that the other bagseed will survive.
    I build a reflector out of the lamp screen and some aluminium foil and bought some soil that contains some peat and perlite too.

Attached Files:

4. first time ever eh? looks good bro, more elaborate than my box im gonna put up a bunch of pics soon and collect constructive criticism,LOL.  i had some seedling come up and only make two rounded leaves have u ever heard of this?? just crap seeds i guess

5. Day 9 Update:
    Both the Sin Trabajo and the Bagseed look green and healthy. I dont take any more pics of the second bagseed cuz she doesnt seem to grow anymore. Both are showing the first true leaves but are stretching very much, i need the new lights now... and my mom told me to put them in the sun at day lol :confused: 
    So here is a pic of the 2: Bagseed(front) and Sin Trabajo (back)
    thx man :yay:  as i read, the 2 round leaves are the seedleafs, that just are there to collect light untill they develop the real leaves.

Attached Files:

6. Noooo lol they arent crap, those are the feeder leaves! They provide the seedling with all the nutrients they need for the first couple weeks of life. The real leaves come in shortly after

7. #7 RedRose, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2014
    Day 10: the leaves grew very nice in the sun, but today i was hoping the sunlight would be enough to dont use the light bulb, what ended in a cloudy day full of stretching and without developing much more leave. Need to install the new bulbs as fast as possible.
    Both the Sin Trabajo and the bagseed are 5cm high now. I discovered some brown points on the bagseed leaves, hope it gets away by itself.

Attached Files:

8. I wouldn't worry too much about the initial stretch too much, you can always bury the stem more when you transplant.

9. oh shit eh, well i should have kept them alive a bit longer id have three more plants going, but six is enough i hope theyre all female! lord knows ive bought enough male weed on the street, i avoid street dealers at all cocst theres always mold and popocorn bullshit weed on the street, it sucks.

• Like Like x 1
  10. #10 RedRose, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2014
    Day 11 update: The Sin Trabajo is growing her leaves really fast and two new ones are showing. The brown on the bagseed is now covering half of the leaves, any idea what to do??

buy from seedbanks :D

Attached Files:

11. yeah i definelty will do that in the future to get some epic genetics, bu ttruly i got liek 20 seeds in a hq of decent weed so ye we shall see the nugs had liek big orange hairs, well see what i can produce

also i never really go downtown i will tho to get seeds, in niagra they have shops that totally rip u off, i dont trust them LOL they cater to tourists...there shoul dbe something downtown toronto tho

12. #12 RedRose, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2014
    Day 13/14 update: Ok its been 2 weeks now. The Sin Trabajo developed nice leaves and the second pair of leaves are coming! The bagseed still has this brown points on the older leaves, that didnt grew anymore and are now hanging down. they dont expand, and she is also developing a new and healthy green pair of leaves, so it isnt any parasite or something. I think it may was caused by burnings from the Sun or too near lights.
    Actual height of both: 8Cm
    group day 14.JPG Group, day 13
    bagseed daý 14.JPG Bagseed, day 13
    sin trabajo 13.JPG Sin trabajo, day 14
    bagseed day14.JPG Bagseed, daý 14

13. #13 RedRose, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2014
    Day 16 update: Ok time to transplant! i took off the plastic bottom and made pics of the roots for you. e voilà: my selfmade germinating pots are working great! The Sin Trabajo has completely rooted in and the bagseed roots are not covering the whole pot, but one big mainroot was hanging out lol.
    After transplanting i putted a chícken wire around the plants because i dont trust my cat  :laughing:
    Day 18: Both are growing great, the Sin Trabajo has now 4 huge leaves and another new pair is in development. The bagseed is recovering and her leaves are growing nice too, think in the end she will grow as good as the other.
    bagseed roots day 16.JPG Big bagseed main root hanging down
    sin trabajo roots.JPG Well rooted Sin Trabajo
    bagseed day 16.JPG Bagseed after transplanting, day 16
    sin trabajo day 16.JPG Sin Trabajo after transplanting
    bagseed day 18.JPG Bagseed day 18
    sin trabajo day 18.JPG Sin Trabajo day 18, so beautyfull  :smoke:
    When do you think i should start using fertilizers?

14. #14 RedRose, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2014
    Day 21 now and both plants are still very small :cry:
    The autoflowering Sin Trabajo should be 50cm high and ready to harvest 35-60g in 40 days, but after the first month she is just as big as a clipper :confused_2:   Will she get a growth spurt soon? we are at 1/3 of the time and dont even at 1/5 of the final height...
    bagseed day 20.JPG Bagseed day 20
    sin trabajo day 20.JPG Sin trabajo day 20
    sin trabajo day 21_1.JPG Sin trabajo day 21 Sin Trabajo daý 21_2.JPG

15. day 23 update: the fertilizer was good :laughing:
    Day 22: bagseed, tall and getting the second pair of leaves bagseed day 22_1.JPG
    Sin Trabajo with my joint sin trabajo day 22_1.JPG
    Sin Trabajo with my buds sin trabajo day 22.JPG sin trabajo day 22.JPG
    Sin Trabajo day 23: high and developing the 4th pair of leaves Sin Trabajo daý 23_1.JPG sin trabajo day 23_2.JPG sin trabajo day 23_3.JPG

16. sry for the lack of updates! Ok the bagseed is developing more or less, if its not an auto it could get nice. The Sin Trabajo isnt growing anymore, she is going to start budding soon and smells nice, but still VERY small. Any ideas??
    I added an auto AK47 and a pair of OG Kush, do you want me to show em?
    Sin Trabajo day 33 sin trabajo day 33.JPG sin trabajo day 33_2.JPG sin trabajo daý 33_3.JPG
    Bagseed bagseed daý 33.JPG bagseed day 33.JPG

17. #17 RedRose, Feb 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2014
    Breaking news
    Day 42: My Sin Trabajo is going well, now getting her branches and just smells... :yummy: !!
     Still kinda small tough, but thats just normal for having started in february,,. at least i'll have somethíng to smoke till the summer starts.
     The bagseed is growing a bit weird, a huge mass of leaves with a very small stem. dont know why i even continue growing her, just trying to get out of it as much as possible. She is getting a really massive amount of nutrients, the double amount of what would kill the other plant, and looks like she like it. But everything she gets is just user to make the leaves even bigger without growing high anymore... I just hope it isnt autoflowering so she can grow more through the summer.
    Bagseed daý 42: bagseed daý 42.JPG
    Sin Trabajo daý 42:
    sin trabajo daý 42.JPG sin trabajo daý 42_2.JPG and the branches: sin trabajo day 42.JPG

18. #18 RedRose, Feb 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2014
    i noticed that the ends of some leaves are turning yellowish, but not enough to get it visible with my crappy phone cam... they are not dropping or anythíng, just turned a bit yellow on the tops. any ideas? :confused:  ya all r very quiet !

19. Add nitrogen fertilizer. Nitrogen will keep the plant green.

20. #20 RedRose, Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2014
    to make thís whole thíng a bit more interresting i will add my other strains here too. they are:
    -2 OG kush fem.
    -1 AK Goxuak auto
    -2 Speeddevil 2 auto
    -another bagseed

as i dont got to afford the cfl to keep it indoor, i would like to ask if a mod could move thís to the outdoor section.
    the fertilizer i use actually contains nitrogen, but dont know how many. got a foto of a leaf with yellow tops and will upload it tomorrow. is it too less nitrogen, or could it be because she soon starts flowering though?

Attached Files: