First ever grow: How do the girls look?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by FawkED, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Hey fellow tokers!!!

This is my first grow ever with following setup:
    Space : giantex tent 32x32x63 inches
    Light: viparspectra 300w led 136w actual running 24/7 with some occasional random breaks.

Soil: in 5 gal smart pots: when I started filling the pots I realised that my 1 cuft bag of Espoma organic potting mix, would not go for more than 1 so got another bag of fox farm Ocean forest

Strain: RQS northern light auto
    Memphisto, Ripleys OG.

I don't really have a proper ventilation systems and don't wanna drop a bunch of cash on it, I'll get only 2-3 grows or of this see anyway after which I'll need to stop (on a leash here) I just use a Honeywell 6" fan sitting at the floor.

I put the seeds directly in soil in a cup on 7/6. The first one popped on 7/11 and got the first true leaves by 12/13th can't remember. I don't even have pictures of them

The second popped on 7/17 or something, that was 1 seed I had list hope pin and it just sprouted.

Here are some pictures as of today:
    NorthernAuto @ 22 days:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

RH has been in 55-65 ranges and temps typically stay 81-86 F

I aan wondering how is this girl doing for some one her age?
    Do I also see preflowers?

[​IMG]

Here are my other girls who are behind:
    Unknown: I don't know which of the 2 strains this is, by the leaf structure out looks closer to Ripleys(3rd )
    She's about 15-16 days old.

She also has 1 llamar with a weird curl, I guess it's light burn through water drop.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  2. Here's the third girl, RipOg this one was real problematic, the seed did not pop directly in soil for about 12 days so I figured I'll dig it out from the cup and try paper towel, did that and when it showed the smallest of white root, I put out back in soil, from there it took a good 10 days four it to pop, this was also pottery stunted I guess from all that stress, here it is at about 10 days

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Should I LST them? I've made stupid mistake of giving some light does of tapping roots organic nutes and 2 transplants for 2 of them.

Also I water mostly with PH corrected water at about 6 , I use the color drop one, so can't be exact & I never really water till runoff so have no way of knowing runoff PH. No EC meter to check n that either.

4. Also, wondering if I should LST them or let them be, because of all the stupid stress I already gave them.

5. Looks great I'd definitely lst the northern lights she's getting up there

6. lst wont stress them much at all . I wish I would of started earlier with lst on my grow ( I thought they were to small to start and was wrong ) Now my tops of the scrog are almost the same height as my balcony wall that's hiding them

7. Here's a him I deviced to keep the LST as LS as possible[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks guys!

I did LST them yesterday eve, they had already peeked up by night. I'll see n a few more pictures of LSTed plants, now I'm wondering if I should defoliate it/ them a bit for canopy to get more light.

9. I think they are all doing well. I usually start lst early on if they are growing at different rates. Then again once i hit flowering, if i have sativas mixed with my indicas because they really stretch in the first few weeks of flower. However my main concern for me is making sure they do not touch the light (I'm growing in a 6 ft tall tent).
    I never defoliate, i don't like hurting the plant like that. I just remove dead, crumpled up leaves so they don't fall in the soil and decompose. Good luck man, looks good so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 4
  10. Nicely done looks great

11. They look so beautiful.

12. nice toe

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. I grow in coco, I am not using a ppm meter or ec meter. I check my pH with drops before feeding and sometimes runoff.

My current 6 Jock Horror Autos, coco coir grow. :gc_rocks:

• Like Like x 1
  14. How can you reliably tell the color with drops? I don't about coco as I've never done that but with my soil runoff usually has some color.

Check out my first grow log:

15. I use General Hydroponics drops, they are spot on and last forever. Also no calibration. If you are checking runoff there shouldn't be a lot of difference between what's going in and coming out. Maybe a slight difference in color obviously the plant uses nutrients and changes the pH slightly between feeding. But runoff should be sufficient to maintain going in pH.

16. Oh, sorry if i wasn't clear before. The GH drops is what I'm using too. I struggle with interpreting color of the water to begin with if it had any nutes. Also the same muddy coloration of run-off. How dip you infer the relative change in color? I keep second guessing myself

17. I feed mine after I have it a bright orange yellow almost orange. What's coming out with be slightly brown, but doesn't effect the test much. Just imagine blending two colors. Idk works for me and I haven't had a issue. Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Update after long and have a question to,
    Should i start my girls on flower nutes?

The Browning yellowing bottom leaves are normal or I'm doing something wrong?

Biggest girl at about 40 days. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]