First ever, 250w MH Bagseed., pics of transplant, scrog.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by trappervalley, May 11, 2010.

1. AH! I think I have a major problem!!!:eek:
    I looked at the girl yesterday and she looked ok, all the tops of the buds were turning a deep green and looked bigger than they had in the past,... but strangely she seemed to have started stretching again:confused: The buds were slightly elongated and seemed to be growing up rather than out. I fed her and thought no more of it... untill today!
    I poked my head in and saw that she had shot up about 1/2 an inch overnight!!! also all the buds had far more noticeable leaves on them and the trichs were less prominant.... Then thought to myself ... greener...taller..more leaves.... this is what she did in veg!! I checked the lights and to my horror the timer had been bumped and thre notches on the "lights out" section had been turned on! :mad: the lights had been on for 45mins during lights out for who knows how long.:( I have a feeling shes going back to veg.... might have a hermie on my hands before I know it.
    i'll post pics when I can. heres hoping.

2. Yo trapper. Sorry to here bout the timer issue..

I got my fingers crossed for you hoping she dont hermie out.. I read yesterday that an hour throughout the dark cycle can help:S? to be honest I though it was bull but it may be ok...

Anyway goodluck mate.

3. Hey trapper, i aint checked in for a while, its nice to see things are progressing along nicely. Those bud shots are still sweet as and the plants are looking brutal!
    Got my fingers crossed the timer issue doesn't affect things too much.

Keep the pics coming as well!

4. Thanks for the good vibes guys. There is no sign of hermie yet but the buds are all stretching out for some reason. I'm starting to see stem throught the clusters of calyxes.. hope it will all be ok. thanks for dropping in. pics in a moment.

5. Well here are some more pics. Notice how many leaves are coming from the buds. For all I know this is all good.... but the buds seem to be stretching out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

she still looks so nice whin you look right in her soul!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ive seen a few fox tails popping up here and there so is it almost time to flush?
    peace.

6. You must have a pretty steady hand my friend! I have tried several loupes and tripods but never can get a decent pic. My hats off to you, I broke down and got a macro lens that screws on to the camera lens. This works pretty good, I think I may get a stronger one though.

Man, I hope they don't nut up on you, for what it's worth, I've skirted disaster like this a time or two :rolleyes: and I don't think I ever had a problem when it happened in one night. 3 nights or more of interruption and it's damn near a guarantee of hermie. I have a timer gremlin that pops up every now and then :mad:

Your grow looks beautiful regardless man! Keep up the good work!

7. Well, I've had a perpetual grow going for about the last six months or so, but I've decided to halt it. It's not meeting my needs. I don't have a lot of space, so it turns out that a perpetual grow means growing the same plant over and over again. That works for harvesting weed, but it doesn't help me try out new strains, not at a decent pace, and it's getting a little dull. So I'm going to mix things up a bit, and that means abandoning the constraints of the perpetual grow.

Yikes! Well, she hasn't hermied yet. Instead, she switched into veg. That was definitely the superior option.

Cool! I have a D50. Do you need a tripod to use that, Ed? My kids destroyed my tripods years ago. Tripods are very spendy, unlike that delightful aftermarket lens extender, which smells a lot like an impulse purchase to me. :p

Ouch! Trapper, maybe you should let her veg for a week or two, take her mind off that light issue, let her put it behind her. Then throw her back into 12/12. I don't know. It's an idea.

8. Thanks for the kind words Ed! I switched the light back to 12/12 straight away! I think she might have had about 2.99 days of interupted light.... She looks ok but only time will tell now.
    I check the timer every night now just to make sure. thanks for dropping in.

Ah right, I thought the Perpetual was always having 12/12 and introducing new seeds etc, but the same plant over and over makes alot more sense.:rolleyes:
    Also I think I am pretty lucky on the Hermie front.... so far.... but befor I read your suggestion I had already changed the lights back to 12/12 so thats how it has to be now I guess. Hey thanks for all your help by the way man, much appreciated.:D

9. I guess a perpetual grow is what you make it. For me it was keeping the conga line moving, never having the flowering lights standing idle. Vegged plants at the ready. My goal was simple self sufficiency. But I found that I hit that goal pretty quickly, and was moving past it with nowhere to go. I just finished off the last bud from the second plant that I harvested. I'm currently flowering plants 5, 6 & 7. So it is time to change directions. Flowering multi-strain miniature plants from seed will be a less efficient use of my space and time, but it should be entertaining and educational. Plus there's the weed. :D

10. Ah yes.... self sufficiency. This is exactly what I am going for. I don't want to grow any forests, just enough. I like the Idea of the minis, you get to try alot of strains and also there will always be something in there that is close to ready. I think this could be an option for my next grow. I'm going coco next time too, you and the Ed's are great inspiration!

11. Flowering multi-strain miniature plants from seed

hey man ....
    do you know of any blogs happening with miniature plants....
    im highly interested in that.....

sweet enjoy??:D:smoking:

12. Hey there omygod, I don't know of any up and running now with minitures, but I'm sure you will find something in the indoor journal section. peace

13. Hey OMG - there are a lot of new subforums, one is called "Microgrows". Not sure if that's what you're looking for, those are normally PC grows and the likes.

Hope this helps and welcome to the city!

14. OMG, you might want to check out the PC Growers Club social group. They grow plants inside computer cases. Small plants. ;)

Most social groups here on GC are not very active, but you can use them to identify growers with similar interests and then hunt down those growers' grow journals, stalker style. Then you've got 'em! :devious:

:bongin:

I plan to grow miniature plants, but it will be a couple of months before I get going.

15. Flower day 44- :D

Here she is at day 44, I think I am one lucky man because she seems to be ok after the lighting issue. I have noticed a few things lately, alot of the trichs are now cloudy and I spotted my first amber trichs at the top of the plant, seems early though no? The photos below are of a few different leaves over the plant. I have started flushing now and am curious as to when I should harvest:confused: I really didn't think I would see amber now, guess it's all part of it though. help much appreciated.:D
    pic time.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    cloudy trichs.
    [​IMG]

Amber... this is a leaf right at the tip of the plant.
    [​IMG]
    And a little further down...
    [​IMG]

I swear they weren't there yesterday. I know I should wait til they are about 1/2 1/2 cloudy to amber right? all help appreciated.

16. Hey Trap! What beautiful pics mate, and a beautiful model LOL

She doesn't look quite ready yet to me, I think she still has a little ways to go. The calyxes will start to swell and hairs will shrivel and turn orange, that's usually your que to start checking trichs. I normally go by the calyx trichs. Maybe she's messin with ya now :D

17. Thanks Ed, yeah the calyx trichs are all clear still, I remember seeing a pic of yours where you explained you let them go just till the calyxes start to change, I'm still a proud noob so I aint chopping til a vet tells me to.:D Thanks again Ed.

18. LOL! This is one of the hardest parts of growing IMO, waiting for the damn things to finish up!

19. Tell me about it! although I am happy to report that she is looking alot better now and I can see some destinction between the calyxes that are beggining to swell:D this is also a very exiting time seeing that all the work I put in coming to a head and just seeing this first plant of mine growing is almost enough.... almost.:p
    I'll post more photos soon. peace

20. yo plants are looking great and the pictures are clear. i agree that waiting has been a bitch, but i keep reading that cutting too early is the biggest mistake of first time growers, so as a first time grower, i've been holding out. just saw my first few amber trichomes, so i think i have a few more days and then cutting!