first EBB n FLOW setup questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by g0tgot, Jan 31, 2014.

1. #62 g0tgot, May 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2014
    some of the buds are starting to fatten niceley, but the leaves are starting to look funny... 

I guess since the buds look ok, i dont need to necessarily focus on the leaves since they will show signs of going away during ripening...

The purple is starting to show (and im not using AC with temps between 65 lows, and reach as high as 95 once in a blue moon... average is about 80-85 

I still feel that they are more fluffy than they should be... They are currently drinking about 20 gallons every 1-2 days of water... its very impressive.. i dont know where this water goes! I have a cap on the reservoir so i know its not evaporating.

2. Getting there :) keep letting them ride.
    20 gallons, holy shit, that's a lot!!! But not a bad thing. You WILL be losing some on each flood cycle but no worries. Just keep the reservoir topped up so you don't run your pump dry.
    You're right, no worries on the leaves either. During the later bloom cycle, the first thing you should see is the large lower fan leaves (the big suckers with their own stem) will begin to die off. Then the same thing will work its way up the plant to the smaller fan leaves. Finally, when you see the small "finger leaves" that grow directly out of the buds begin to turn brown at the tips, it's time to monitor the trichromes really close, because that's a good sign they are finishing.
    Hmmm, fluffy buds... normally not enough light or too hot in the grow room, or combination. Make sure you are using a good bloom booster, that's about all you can do at this stage. And do your best to control those temps.
    Check back later, keep on keeping on.