first day without a smartphone

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by RisenFromAshes, Nov 1, 2012.

1. i sold my s3 yesterday bcuz im buying the note 2 nov 9th when it's released on at&t. today was my first day and wow, it was weird not having a smartphone. first thing i noticed is when i woke up for work i couldnt quickly check the weather/temp. that was a pain. usually i browse the news really quickly too before i get out of bed. couldn't do that either. work was boring as fuck and went by a lot slower than usual. couldnt listen to music or check news/grasscity all day. it was weird not knowing what was going on in the world. i just got home a few hours ago and just now checked cnn.com on my laptop. usually i check cnn like 5-10x a day on my phone. feels like a total pain in the ass on a laptop now. even grasscity sucks without the app. i'm in my bed in my dark room, having difficulty typing bcuz i cant see my keyboard very well. also not knowing who was trying to message me on facebook or emailing me was weird too. anyone else go a while without having a smartphone when you were real used to it? feels like a damn drug withdraw or something! Even when I took a shit this evening it was weird not being able to fuck around on my phone lol

2. Lol i lost my iphone in my car last night and didnt bother to get it until a little bit ago. It didnt really feel too much different, i just didnt really post on grasscity or text anyone. Wasnt difficult at all

3. I feel ya... If I lost an iPhone I wouldn't give a shit either... :p

4. [quote name='"RisenFromAshes"']

I feel ya... If I lost an iPhone I wouldn't give a shit either... :p[/quote]

lol? you wouldnt be bugging out? i dont want people to see whats on my phone

5. hahahahaha dissing up the iphones. i just got a smartphone a few months ago and i hate to say it's hard to put it down now.i got the SII, its good and all just has a shitty battery i was out all day and it died mid day. i did have the music on and texting a lot that day though but still.

6. Haha I actually just managed to go like 2 weeks without a phone. My phone fell out of my pocket and got run over....apparently they aren't durable enough for that. Who knew?

Anyway I was fucking LOVING it. Not having a phone, suddenly I got all this free time. Nobody could call me or text me or e-mail me and actually expect a response. My life, for 2 weeks, was nice and peaceful.

Eventually someone got so pissed off that she couldn't get ahold of me, that she bought me a new phone :D Awww yeeea