First couple weeks seedling.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Abburg1, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Couple weeks into it my seedlings look like they are showing signs of nute deficiency. I am doing hydro in non pre charged coco coir. There are no nutes as of right now. Do I need to add some or is it something else that is making the plants show deficiency. Mind you the plant has 2 leafs, the cotyledon and a new baby set of leafs forming. It's only like 2 or 3 inches tall. Single node?

2. I feed with a low ppm solution from day 1 with coco. Some swear you can wait two weeks but I get better growth using nutes.

3. Hey jay, ok thanks I've been scared to burn them. I think I have a root rot problem perhaps though. The bottoms of the stem are very thin and white. Haven't watered for like 4 days though. I was doing every 2 days and a friend said i should let the coco go bone dry on top before watering. Are my roots possibly getting suffocated? Will a different potting system besides solo cups help? Thank you for your help

4. #4 jay719, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2015
    I start my coco by rinsing and then precharging with 25% strength. I then water with 25% for the first week or so then go to 50%. Ive done this with both the h3ad formula and House and Garden Cocos products so far and had no major issues with burning.

Its near impossible to completely suffocate roots in coco. If you do have root rot, it wont show on your stem. Do you have a photo of that area of the stem? I fear it may be damping off. Damping off is actually a fungal or bacterial infection I believe that effects the stems causing them to look like someone pinched them near the base. I've only personally observed it occurring in seedlings and very small plants. If that is what is happening, there really is no solution other than starting over with a new seed and in a new batch of medium.

5. Yes Here are the pics. I also posted a little more about my grow under my participation? It's my first grow and il be using the vegamatrix, vegan nutrients. It's only my second day using these forums. Sorry I'm still figuring it out.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441911820.370993.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441911844.300747.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441911734.633898.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441911762.784132.jpg I decided to water with soley drinking water today as the coco was pretty dry. I have two seedlings, plus a new one sprouted. They both started lush like the newest seedling. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441911678.332516.jpg