First Concentrate Set up

Discussion in 'General' started by FlyingSOLO, Apr 28, 2012.

1. So I decided to hit up a head shop I've never been to here in atlanta, and start chatting with the owner about oils/concentrates/hash. He was obviously really into it, told me I need to start out with the glass nail with the oil dome. Then put me on to this carbon filter attachment. I'm making my 1st legit BHO batch in a few hours. I'm using a 11 grams of shake/bud,what should I expect for my yield? Also, when I'm done with the bio can I take the remaining bud and try to get some ISO out of it? not sure how butane and alcohol mix.

Also, the butane he put me on to is filtered 5 times, not sure of the difference.

Here are some pics, you like?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. [quote name='"FlyingSOLO"']So I decided to hit up a head shop I've never been to here in atlanta, and start chatting with the owner about oils/concentrates/hash. He was obviously really into it, told me I need to start out with the glass nail with the oil dome. Then put me on to this carbon filter attachment. I'm making my 1st legit BHO batch in a few hours. I'm using a 11 grams of shake/bud,what should I expect for my yield? Also, when I'm done with the bio can I take the remaining bud and try to get some ISO out of it? not sure how butane and alcohol mix.

Also, the butane he put me on to is filtered 5 times, not sure of the difference.

Here are some pics, you like?

[/quote]

I used that tane on two of my batches and threw the rest of the cans out. Its clean, but gives you a shit yield. I prefer Clipper 7x.

No you can't make ISO out of it after, its saturated in butane and HIGHLY flammable. It's pretty much garbage after two runs.

As for the return on 11 grams.. I'd say you'll be lucky to pull 1gram of wax.

I usually run 4oz per batch of small buds and trim and ill get 9 to 11g back. Roughly 2.5-3g per oz.

Edit: LOL disregard the butane I posted.. you're using Vector. You're good to go.

3. how many dabs can I get out of 1 gram, and I would think it wouldn't matter if its flammable or not, theres not going to be any sparks from the reaction. I'm going to be stubborn and try it.. Hopefully I have hands to type results with.

4. you think I should run 2 cans through, or will 1 do?

5. Famous last words.

Another blade to ask for advice then not take it. Was gonna comment on your bong, but eh naw I'm good now.

6. Since you want to ignore my advice and not care that its flammable, you're on your own.

There's plenty of resources on the internet to figure it out. I quit giving advice when people quit listening.

You're doing somthing extremely dangerous and potentially deadly.. you should take every precaution possible and be educated before being "stubborn and trying it".

7. [quote name='DrSheldonCooper']Famous last words.

Another blade to ask for advice then not take it. Was gonna comment on your bong, but eh naw I'm good now.[/QUOTE

his reasoning of highly flammable didn't change my mind. If he had said, the reaction will cause mustard gas to fill my house then yah I would pass.

there will be no flame, anywhere near me.

8. I will obviously let it dry out before attempting. Most of you are growers or live in legal states, therefore have access to 4oz to just fuck around with. I don't, I'm trying to get every last bit of my moneys worth.

9. Whoa. You're doing this IN YOUR HOUSE?!

FUCKING RESEARCH WHAT YOU ARE DOING!

10. But but but what are the CHANCES something will go wrong? Right? Easier to just be stubborn and see what happens. That's why I go 100+mph every day in my car when the lane in empty on the highway. What are the chances my tire will blow out? We're invincible aren't we...

Oh wait. Decisions we do can ultimately lead to us dieing or not? That's some scary shit right there when you think about it, kinda scary enough to have you use reasoning and logic and safety once in a while. Maybe.

11. Also, you ASKED us if you should mix iso in your butane run residue. You choose to ignore the advice he gave you, saying its FLAMMABLE. You rejected the idea of safety for more yield. lol the fuck?

12. He said he's doing it in his house.

So uhh.. let's just leave this thread.

Maybe a mod should delete this incase he blows up his house...

13. Listen to spaced dude, he knows what the fuck he's talking about

14. I'm just going to run like 4 cans of butane, instead of iso.

15. Yes, try smoking gasoline next!

16. here's the yield,
    [​IMG]

I still have some on the pyrex, was wondering next time if I put a thin layer of water in the dish if the extract would sit on top of it, anyone ever try this?

17. Mhhhhhh that sure does look tasty:)