First closet grow, with 10% more pics!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by killface, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Hey guys, these are some pics of a grow space im setting up and it'd be cool if you could offer comments or critisisms.
    The dimensions are 19" * 17.5" * 58" or for the metric 49cm by 45cm by 148cm.
    I only want to grow one plant which I'm planning to lst.
    Im also going to add 2 more cfl's so ill have 4 all together each 23w.

In the 2nd last picture the black squares are where two 90mm computer fans are going blowing outwards and im going to have another smaller one on the plant.

Is the silver cardboard a good or bad idea?

Attached Files:

2. Seeing as noone replied ill assume theres nothing majorly wrong with it. :)
    Should start growing soon hopefully.

3. Looks good so far man. Im glad you are planning on adding more lights. That was going to be my first suggestion. Are you planning on growing from seed? If so, I just hope its a female. It would be a huge waste of time caring for one plant only to find its a male. And I cant really say on the "silver cardboard." Im sure it couldnt hurt as long as it doesnt cause any kind of heat build up. I have heard of using inside out doritos bags which seems like a similar concept. Good luck man. Im pulling up a chair for your grow. Peace.....:smoking:

4. Yeah guna grow from seed and that would be a bummer if it was male but unfortunately I don't have anywhere else I can put more plants or anyone I can get offcuts from. The guy i was guna get some WW seeds off sold his plant forgetting to get the seeds off so im guna have to find someone else. Since its my first grow this is more experimental than anything else so ill just have to wait n see.

After summer I'm going to put even more lights in, it just depends on the temps. In the middle of summer the temps outside are usually between 78F and 107F so it depends on how cool I can keep it.:cool:

5. One word of advice on heat buildup in summer.... Have the light cycle come on at night when it is cooler. Then during the day when it is hot, the lights are off. That really helps keep the heat down in the room.

6. Ah thats a good idea, hadn't thought of that. Cheers. Thanks for ya comments.

7. Suggest you buy some feminized seeds then.. honestly , spending the time/effort and money on electric will not be worth it for 1 plant to find out its male.. would also be a downer..

Invest in some 99.9%/100% feminized seeds so you know your getting a female.

8. Yeah only problem is getting the feminized seeds cos I can't import them cos of customs. If i get another letter from them im guna be facing a lawsuit.