First Closet Grow W/ Pictures (Need help and input)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by alexscraig, Feb 18, 2009.

1. #61 alexscraig, Mar 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2009
    It turns out you don't need to be nearly as close to the plant as I thought to get a good macro shot. I was beginning to type a post saying how much my camera sucked. Lo' and behold I was the incompetent one, not the camera. :cool: but i figured it out...

Day 8 since 12/12 switch

Female:
    plant1-sex3.jpg

Male: I'm gonna miss this guy. He seemed like a more sophisticated plant. He's smaller and the leaves have really sharp edges, idk how to describe it.
    DSCN0792.jpg

Plant #3:
    (You decide)
    plant3-sex2.jpg

Attached Files:

2. ima cross my fingers, from what i know it seems to early to tell on number 3..thanks for stoppin by my journal too!:wave:

3. Within 2-3 weeks.............You should see them growing Pistils, like there was no tomorrow. Then at around 4 weeks 12/12, you should see the Buds taking there shape, then at 4 - 6 weeks, they start up the ~~~STINK~~~ and it continues until 8 -11 weeks........When there life cycle is completed, and a chop, is in order.

Best Luck dude...........:)

4. Thanks WWidowMan. I don't think it's possible to answer my question any better than you did with that.

Few new pictures.

Female:
    DSCN0794.jpg

Plant#3 = Male huh?

DSCN0799.jpg

Attached Files:

5. Ya bro that looks like a male :mad:
    But the plants look great from when you first started. Now that all that light gets to focus on 1 plant, you're gonna get some super strong dank buds. Keep the updates comin

6. I hope so bro. I killed the two males today. Murdered them in cold blood. Really though, it sucks to have to kill something you worked so hard to keep alive for a month.

33% female isn't a great ratio, oh well, I always was a one lady man :cool:

7. Sorry to hear about that man. I just took a contract out on a male the other day and it looks like there is another on the way. I am not that upset about the one I am about to destroy because his two older sisters (pure sativas) are taking up way too much of the room.

Are you going to clone the female? Then you will know what the sex of your plants and not have to deal with the BS.

Everything is looking nice and healthy.

8. #68 alexscraig, Mar 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2009
    I have some pictures to show you. I have a feeling that this girl is going to be a beast, from what i've seen so far. Look at the stems in picture 3. They're getting ready to carry a heavy load. :hello:

But, I do have some leaf discoloration that I would like you guys to take a look at. There has always been discoloration, but it hasn't really bothered me too much. Now that i am down to one, I wanna get everything right.

I have never really checked my pH, I think that's the problem. I have used distilled water virtually since day 1. I'm about 67% sure that the discoloration is caused by a pH imbalance which led to a deficiency in X element. What do you think?​

thisonelast.jpg

Also I was wondering if somebody could give me a rough estimate of yield from just my one girl here. Nothing too specific. 15+ tops as of now

Update..just checked pH with my econo-3in1. It read around 5.3-5.5

Attached Files:

9. Wow Alex, that pH is pretty low. You might need to do a flush with your distilled water. Never done it myself, but I read that you use twice as much water as the size of your pots. Mixing in a little bit of dolomite into the top couple inches of the soil.

Anybody else agree?

10. Is the pH of distilled water above or below the ideal pH for mary?

Because I have only ever put nutes and distilled water since that plant has been in the container it's in.

It could be the meter, the more into the soil you push the meter, the lower it goes. The higher it is, for instance right under the soil line, it is higher.

Just tried it again, read like 3.5. If there is any water in the soil, the shit is basically useless.

I guess i should just invest in a good meter. I will do that if I can get someone to tell me 100% that it is a pH problem.

Thanks in advance for the help. :)

11. #72 alexscraig, Mar 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2009
    New Pictures.

Day 15 Flowering

My leaf discoloration hasn't gone away, matter of fact, it's getting worse. It's all good though she's still beautiful for the most part.

DSCN0866.jpg

Attached Files:

12. Damn man. 1 month 13 days, looking damn good IMHO. Keep up the good work.

13. Your leaves look fine bro. I wouldn't worry.

14. Ya man the discoloration is natural with all plants. Just keep on your schedule. The pH of distilled water is 6.3-6.5. I havent checked my pH for over 2 months on my plants and if u check em out ull see they are doing great. Dont be too worried about the males getting killed. Your one plant will yield more now that it has all the light and the buds are gonna be WAYYYY better not having to share. Keep up the pics

15. I think smell is probably your biggest problem, correct me if I'm wrong.

16. Doesn't smell at all =/

I guess that's a blessing in disguise really. I read a lot of journals with people having to hook up scrubbers while still in veg. Idk, it doesnt smell like anything at all.

But...it looks beautiful so hopefully it will smell beautiful.

Maybe I discovered a super-stealth-no-smell pheno :smoke:

Really I think the buds could probably come to fruition without me doing anything, but I think I'm gonna let the soil dry out for 2-3 more days and then flush it really well with my distilled water.

17. Just you wait, it will get ultra stinky towards the end of flower. I can't remember if you have any odor control going, but it is better to get it taken care of now instead of getting caught with your pants down.

Did you get your plants/potential pH problem down? I have a relatively inexpensive 2 prong pH meter from rapidtest. All of my containers seem to be right between 6.5-6.8, but I think the needle goes all over the place when I first put it in the soil. Wait about 15 seconds for the needle to stabilize and get a more accurate reading. I think the soil may need to be somewhat moist to get a correct reading too.

Keep up the good work!

18. Well, my soil reader gave a different reading this time than it did any other time. I flushed with 2 gallons of distilled water today. I'm not even sure if my problem is even a problem so I'm gonna say this flushing fixed it and leave it alone for awhile.

At any rate, thanks to everyone who posted either suggestions or encouragement. I'll throw an update up in a few days.

19. #80 alexscraig, Apr 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2009
    It's been a few more days since I flushed with 2 gallons of distilled water, hopefully fixing the pH problem, if that's what it was. She never showed signs of disliking that much water, she's been healthy all the way through.

That being said, I took a few pictures to show you'z.

I've decided to name her Cyclops. Why? If you look in the pictures, i'm keeping a pseudo "main-cola" intact, while still LST'ing everything else to the same level. I have let it grow strait up without LST for about 2 weeks now. My lighting arrangement actually fits this desire So it'll be cool.

Cyclops this morning.
    firstpicture-overhead.jpg

Size perspective picture of the bush.
    perspective-cig-pack.jpg

The "eye" of the Cyclops, if you will. [My dog decided to lick a bunch of the pistils as you can see in the picture, I hope that doesn't have long term consequences? :smoking:]
    main cola (2).jpg

Just a few more pictures, including how she looked after all of the maintenence today.
    lastpictureaftertrimlst.jpg

Attached Files: