First closet grow T5 8lamp

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by cannabible, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Hey all,

I've been really curious about testing out a T5 through full harvest so I decided to share my venture to everyone else here at GC. I don't really have a plan of attack at this time, :smoke: but I've popped about 15 seeds of a kush variety from a sack and I also have a few clones from a club that I'll be mothering out. I'm working on a few deficiencies on the clones right now. :(

I'll change the EQ setup as I add/change stuff around so that future viewers will see the complete setup.

Setup / EQ:
    Closet - no tent, doors off.
    Quantum BadBoy T5 8 Lamp.
    Using the Rope Ratchet light adjusters.
    RO from HydroLogic - Stealth100.
    24" Self Standing Fan
    6" 2 speed clip on fan

Nutes:
    Base: Aurora's Roots Organics Line - I am not using the entire line listed on there site. Everything except guano's and oregonism. link here
    Additives/Supplements: Sensizym, Carboload, Great White. (Testing Cycko - Silica, B1 Boost, Dr Repair)

Medium:
    Soil - Ocean Forest
    Supplementing Mykos from Xtreme Gardening

The shots below are roughly 14 days from the seeds sprouting. I wasn't really prepared in the beginning so I didn't write down the start date. I should be able to sex them soon and pull out bastards (if any.) I think I've been over feeding the seedlings, so I'll be doing a feeding of plain RO water for the next round as I just watered with a clean batch today.

Attached Files:

2. Looking good :wave: Good luck and happy vibes for your grow. :hippie:

3. Day 16

Today I transplanted them into 1 gallon poly grow bags and fed with a 700 ppm solution. I picked up some more clones (L.S.D and Kushberry) from the club yesterday so I have a few more mothers now.

Little bit of growth but not much, I was planning on switching them over within a week or after another veg feeding. Still can't tell the sex quite yet though.

Attached Files:

4. thanks freedom, can't wait for the real deal.
    :smoke:

5. Well... hahahaha :D :eek:

I pretty much said NO to the T5 bloom journal. I went ahead and popped in a clonebox and (3) 150w HPS lights.

I am halfway through bloom week 2. I got the 150w's for a really good deal and that is the reason why I just didn't go with a 400w/600w.

I have no complaints, still running the roots organics line but I switched over to the "master feeding schedule" which includes amino aide and big swell. I also decided to start using dutch masters liquid light and saturator + silica.

I lost about 7 after sexing. I still am questionable on one or two of them.

I also went ahead and grabbed some DWC buckets from the hydro shop. Really enjoying the growth with these things.

Going to be doing a perpetual grow so I added clone to the 12/12 room.

Anyone know if I can set the air pump on the DWC's to a schedule other then 24/0? Thanks in advance.
    :smoke:

Attached Files:

6. Hey man, i just hit the subscribe button. I'll be checkin in every day.

I fucking LOVE T5's. Don't you?

7. Thanks for stoppin' by ISmoke.

Hell yeah they are great... but I was haggled about the weight/density with blooming through a T5. Maybe when those 95w Quantum's come out I'll try a 800w 8 Lamp grow through full bloom :cool:

Either way definitely liking the upgrade and now I have more lumens for the veg room!

8. weight and density will have a lot to do with your genetics as well.