First closet grow ?'s

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jerseypride420, Mar 31, 2012.

1. I currently have three plants that are about two months in. I know alot of people on here use more advanced techniques than I use but I've done alot of research and used what knowledge I've gained from here and from books to get where I'm at so far. My soil is a compost mixed in with some good natural Florida soil. The containers are all about two gallons. I have two flourecent lights over all three with white walls and a mirror to increase the areas hit by the lights.I can't figure out how to post pics yet so I'll have to describe the plants for now. One is about 14 inches in height and has 8 long lateral limbs with leaf sprouts on them towards the main stem. At first i though it was for sure female. But then leaf sprouts replaced what i once thought were pistols. I have asked several friends and they haven;t been able to tell either. One things for sure there hasn't been any signs of pollen sacks so i'm praying its a female. Besides that it seems to be thriving, growing about an inch a day. It also has a sweet skunky scent. The second plant is right around the same height but has alot shorter lateral limbs. This one hasn't shown any signs of male or female or of the leaf sprouts. It grows upward at the same pace as the first plant but I want it to get fatter so I'm thinking about topping it. This plant also has a sweet scent. The third and last plant looks different from the other too so i may have mixed up seeds. Its short and fat with a darker green to it's leaves. This one also has started to show signs of pistols and then switched to the leaf sprouts. It's scent is almost perfumish. All three have been in flowering for about a week now. My questions are: 1) Are my lights not strong enough to influence flowering? 2) What can I do to slow the two tall plants growth from getting to tall in the closet? 3) If they do happen to be hermies, should i trim the leaf sprouts at the main stem away and hope for a better sign? Any comments are appreciated

2. Hey dude,
    With plants no matter if they are the same strain u will never get an identical plant growth ie height width and looks but u can safely say u will get the same product lol.

Firstly take out the mirror as it doesn't reflect light in the way your eyes see it does it absorbs most of it.

Secondly u must remember that whatever size your plant gets to in size during veg it will more than likely double to triple in size unless its an auto.

With the pistils they will come when the plant is ready but if u have limited space the putting them in flower will force them to show sex, hope they turn out to be females tho dude :)

Also the 2 gallon pots you have in my opinion aren't gonna cut it especially if your plants are that big now in veg you wanna go at least 4-5 gallon.

Lol I just re read the last bit an realised you have them in flower so yeah they are gonna grow for the 1st couple of weeks an with topping I'm not sure if its possible now due to being in flower.

Update us on what flouros you are using as in lumens and watts