First CFL Grow/Semi-stealth dresser(Pics included)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Ranger Danger, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Continuation of Friday's pictures.

Attached Files:

2. And here's the pictures from today.

Attached Files:

3. Couple more from today.

Attached Files:

4. Also wanted to add that I had picked up a couple 42w 2700 bulbs to replace the two 26w bulbs I was using. So I now have two 42w, two 40w and two 26w 2700 bulbs in my cab for flowering. That puts me at roughly ~216 watts, pretty good for just one plant I think.

5. So whats up with Molasses? Do people use it along with their normal nutrients or in place? I also thought I had read something about using it towards the end of flowering, like with a flush or something? Something about helping with the end flavor and getting rid of any bad flavors that the nutrients may leave behind?

6. Molasses is said to increase bud size as well as add to taste and supplement your K a little bit. I use it and have great results but have never done a side by side test to find out. I use 2-3 tsp/gal every watering from the second weed of flowering till a few waterings after flush.

7. So you're using the molasses along with nutrients as well? Looked like I saw you were using the FF line.

I'll be doing an update tomorrow with some new pics. Gonna be picking up a pocket microscope tomorrow so I can check my trichomes.

8. So I took some pictures the other day but never got time to update. So here goes.

Kinda wish I had kept better track of what week of flowering she is in but I'm thinking it's gotta be like week 4 or 5. Don't seem to be having any problems, maybe a little heat issue with some of the fan leaves around the top cola. I've had to trim a few off due to getting kinda crispy, doesn't seem to be hurting the top cola though (at least I hope not). But then again its not a plant issue, mainly a space issue. Thinking I vegged her a bit too long for the space I have.

Another thing is she seems to be putting on some new growth down towards the bottom, was wondering if I should get rid of the new growth and perhaps "lollipop" the branches a bit. Would it be too late into the grow to do so, I don't want to stress her out too much.

Attached Files:

9. A few more pics.

Attached Files:

10. Well some bad news today, noticed a couple male flowers/pollen sacks/nanners. Whatever you wanna call em, there doesn't seem to be a lot of them. They mainly seem to be down low on a couple of small bud sites. Trying to think of a good way to explain it but can't. I'll try and get some pics of them tomorrow when the lights are on.

Actually screw the pics I think, my main concern is should I try and remove them? Will it just make things worse trying to remove them, would it like kick up a bunch of pollen? I don't think they'll be too much of a problem since I'm already pretty well along into flowering and a couple seeds wouldn't hurt really, don't believe it would effect the quality of the final product this late in the game. I don't know if I stressed her with the couple light leaks I had (fixed now, I think) but who know, I could have had some hermi genes to begin with.

I would really appreciate some advice as I'm not sure what to do here, should I just let it be or should I try and remove the ones I can see? Thanks in advance!

11. lookin good man. im also doing a dreeser grow. id say on the nute topic, go half strength first, and see how the plants react. if no problems i.e. burnt tips, drooping leaves, discoloration, then step up the mix. as for temp, ur fine, my plants seem to prefer mid to upper 80s rather than cooler temps. subs for sure man keep up the good work. check out my grow jbudz autoberry afghani grow.

12. wow, stoner me didnt see the other pages here. ha ha ha, dont mind my last post.

13. Anyone? Would really love some advice with my hermi issue.

14. I would remove it from the dresser before it polinates any other plants and leaves pollen in your grow area to affect future grows.

15. I've only got the one plant so pollinating other plants isn't a concern of mine right now, and as for future grows I'll be cleaning the hell out of my cab after this is done.

I was asking if I should remove the pollen sacks that are on it as there aren't that many, I just don't know if it will help or not. I'm not really worried about having a couple seeds, just a bag seed/test run after all. Will removing the pollen sacks do anything or will it make it worse? Like say I remove the pollen sacks, will a bunch more come back in place of those?

16. Bump. Help please.

17. I'm no pro grower, but I would do what you said and just leave em if you don't mind seeds, you'll have some for next time :)

18. its pretty much up to you man. its not gonna kill your grow, but you do have to realize something. pot uses thc to make seeds. so if you let it go, and it does pollinate your other plant, the quality wont be as good as it would if you removed it now. if your not worried about a little less quality, leave it. if your going for premo, sinsemilia (meaning no seeds), buds, take it out. hope this helps.

19. Well it's just the one plant in there actually, I did have two at one point but as you can see from my latest pics (I plan to post some new ones tomorrow when the lights are on) that just the one plant itself is out growing my cab lol. Mainly due to me vegging it for a bit too long I think.

I did end up removing some of the pollen sacks, only looked like a couple had actually opened up though. Think there may still be a couple left but I didn't have time to take her outta the cab tonight before the lights went off. Gonna try and get a better look at her tomorrow when I have time to take her out.