First CFL Grow/Semi-stealth dresser(Pics included)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Ranger Danger, Oct 9, 2010.

1. hate to confirm suspicions ranger :(

thats about how mine looked before going downhill, fix it before it gets to far!

2. still waiting for it in mail... I think it was from tap water

3. What pH meter did you order? And where from?

Well the yellowing/brownish spots haven't gotten any worse I don't think so I'm thinking maybe it was a over watering or nutrient burn thing. At least that's what I'm hoping, gonna keep an eye on it.

I'm kind of having another problem as well, space. Really thinking I should probably get rid of one of the plants, as much as I hate to as I think they both may be female (I know one is for sure). Having a hard time deciding what to do.

4. #85 GDPkushKILLer, Nov 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2010
    Ordered it off ebay from hong kong.... like 10 bucks I believe, the same exact meter my hydro store tried charging 50 for.

I too am hard pressed for space man haha I'll upload pics of the op tomorrow, just started flowering and only have about 2 feet max left of vertical space...going to get some chicken screen tomorrow.

You might be able to save both if you lst and screen it.

EDIT)

oh and check this, before watering today I grabbed the pool ph tester with the red drop solution

my tap came in like 8 or higher, the RO water I got came right under 7

5. hey guys i have the same issue with my plant...
    how do i fix this problem....its a little more worse then that,mainly at the newer growth, above topping....
    pls W.B.:wave:

6. Well mine and rangers issue are coming from the bottom up. I did a 3X flush or a 1:3 ratio

for every gallon of growing container, ie mine is 1 gal, flush with 3 gal of water.

Most if not all of my plants started growing again, lets hope the ph issue doesnt become more of a problem, it looks contained so far to that 1 or 2 weeks where it really showed and the girls looked like they were hurting. I dont see as much of this problem anymore since then, I'm hoping to hit them with some nutes again soon too cause they were really lacking during that time. However thats assuming you have a pH problem. Yellowing and crispy or brown spots could mean just a nute def only since yours are from the top down. With us, and the problem starting from the bottom up leads me to believe it was more of a root problem due to off pH which cause a myriad of deficiency for me

you decide to keep both or what ranger?

7. Well I decided to get rid of one of the plants, the one not showing any signs yet. Didn't really want to but I didn't have the space for both of them. She was really healthy looking too which pained me even more to get rid of it. :(

But there's some good news as well. My for sure female is starting to show a lot more pistils and I think I can start to see the making of little buds. :D

Tried to take some close up pictures but not sure you can see the really smaller pistils in them.

Attached Files:

8. Giving me guff when trying to upload more then 5 pics, heres the rest of them.

Attached Files:

9. looking good man, real lanky though, maybe get some side 18" flouros to get some branch development.

but still looking good.

were very close in grow length, so im excited to see the difference

10. looking good ranger. I have a few plants around the same stage your at. i love to watch the little pistils start apearing then all the calyxs forming into big buds....ahh i get to watch it happen every month.

11. It's been a little bit since I've last updated. My flowering girl is looking better and better, been really starting to flower over the last couple days.

Had to start tying her down since she was growing into the lights, really wish I had topped and LSTed her from the beginning. But other then that everything else seems to be good.

Attached Files:

12. Couple more pics.

Attached Files:

13. Oh I almost forgot I had got my order from Attitude.

I'm not sure which I wanna do first when this one gets done. Thinking either the Double Diesel Ryder or the Snowryder.

I was also wondering about topping an auto-flowering strain, is it ok or will it somehow hinder it?

Attached Files:

14. looks way healthy, keep up the good work

15. Killer grow man... let's get some new pics up in here! How is the smell? Do you have a scrubber hooked up to the setup?

16. #98 Ranger Danger, Nov 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2010
    Thanks guys, she's looking really good now. Starting to get frosty. Wish I had some new pictures to post right now but I haven't had the camera the last couple days, hence the no updates. :D

I should have the camera tomorrow and a bit more time to get a good update in hopefully. Until then I'm gonna smoke a bowl of this Skywalker I picked up and get some sleep. This stuff tastes awesome, can really taste the blueberry. Wish I could grow some of this. :smoke:

17. #99 Ranger Danger, Nov 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2010

Thanks man, much appreciated. She just now seems to be starting to put off a little smell, not too noticeable yet though. Don't have any sort of scrubber or odor control yet and I'm not sure what to do really. Maybe look into that gel stuff.

Oh and can someone tell me how the reputation deal works?

18. Sorry for the delay with the updates and new pics, caught a cold and I've been feeling kinda shitty the last few days. I had taken some pictures to put up on Friday but never got around to posting. I also took some pictures today while I had her out to water so I got a bunch of pictures to post now.

Looking really good right now, everything seems to be getting frosty. Also starting to put off a smell now, kind of a lemony skunky smell. It's not too noticeable right now but I've brushed up against a few of the buds and you could really smell it on my hands and arms. Was pretty sticky too, made some hair on my arm get all matted together.

She's trying her hardest to grow up a little taller and is pretty much hitting the top of my cab. Think I might have to tie her down a little more if possible, would probably help get some more light to her main cola. That and I might make a hole in the bottom of my dresser so the pot can sit on the floor, would give me another 3-4 inches I think.

Here's the first set of pictures, taken on Friday. More to come.

Attached Files: