First CFL Grow/Semi-stealth dresser(Pics included)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Ranger Danger, Oct 9, 2010.

1. I have been searching the forums and doing my own research preparing for my first grow, and your dresser setup is my favorite!

Can you please let us know what supplies and how you made your setup?

or hints/ideas

Thanks!!

2. I'm still a beginner but I would say your good to top & scrog!

3. isnt all that info in the beggining?

and you can train mj even if its flowering. check this out to clear things up. it gets pretty in depth
    http://forum.grasscity.com/plant-training/563726-scrog-guide-screen-green.html
    :wave:

4. Hey man you're dresser and light rig are looking clean. I am stoked to see how it continues.

5. Thanks for the support guys.

I'm still a little unsure about topping them as I'm not sure how much bigger they will get from it, they've been vegging for a little over 30 days now already. Also is it still viable to use a screen (scrog) if I'm not topping them? I'm sure it would still help but I'd imagine it's easier to fill the holes when you top them.

Would really love some help/advice as if I do top them or put a screen on I really think I need to be doing it soon.

6. I say do both.

7. just use bamboo sticks and wire to hold them up. you dont need a screen because your lighting isnt so intense that it will grow fast and get too heavy.

just start flowering them and tie branches up as needed.

8. Should I wait until tomorrow morning when the lights are about to come on to switch out the bulbs and reset the timer for 12/12 or should I just switch out the bulbs right now and start the 12/12 tonight?

9. i vegged mine for 55 days and its huge,

id wait and let its branch structure come out, its like not even got its main fan leaves yet,

just be patient brotha start feeding some grow big

10. Well I went ahead and switched in the 2700 bulbs today and changed the timer to 12/12. Seems like I'm gonna definitely gonna need to get a couple more bulbs, maybe see if I can fit the bigger 42w(?) bulbs into my fixture.

Was also wondering if I should start using the Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom right away as today is watering day or if I should wait until their next watering to start using them?

11. Start now on the nutes. What have u been givig them so far?

12. They've been getting Grow Big for the last 2-3 weeks.

Just picked up Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom over the weekend.

13. Good deal. That's what I use. My plants are doing great. How much have u been giving them?

14. Good news today GC, I've got one girl so far I'm pretty sure. :hello: Posting pictures of course just to double check. Can't really see anything yet on the other one, which I thought was weird because it's the bigger of the two. Also picked up a couple bigger bulbs, their 40w 2700k. Gonna get another two at least now that I know they will fit.

Let me know what you guys think of the pics.

Attached Files:

15. Lookin Great Man, I love your setup.

Check out my PC Grow I just started? Thanks!

Keep it up!

16. looking really good ranger! cant wait for the harvest results! One of the cleanest set ups here :smoke:

17. #79 Ranger Danger, Oct 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2010
    Another update today, with a bunch of pics.

Think I might be having a couple problems with my one plant that I believe is female. Though I think the one problem may just be because the bottom leaf sets (I think the first and second from sprout?) just weren't getting enough light and started to die off. The other problem is I'm seeing some little brown spots on a couple of the lower leafs.

If someone could give me some insight on this that would be awesome.

Oh and yeah a couple tips grew into the lights the other day and kinda burnt just a little bit of the tips.

Attached Files:

18. Bump before bed.

Yellowing leaves/brownish yellow spots? Nut burn maybe? Hoping it's not a cal-mag problem.

You can see them in my last post on the last two pictures.