First CFL Grow/Semi-stealth dresser(Pics included)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Ranger Danger, Oct 9, 2010.

1. mine are holding fine on the same bulbs, my mh conversion comes tomorrow though :hello:

try half gallon? buy one of each that you think will fit and take em home and put them in, return the ones that dont work for the one that will

2. Well right now they are in 8" pots, kinda seems like a half gallon to me but I could be wrong. I was reading the Topic/Post by Dr_Green, I'll just quote it here. "Containers:

When talking about which pot to use for your flowering production a 8" pot is the only size i recommend. Unless your going to vegetate your plant for more then four months and then flower it for another two months."

So will the pots I'm using now be good for the rest of the grow or should I go for like a 10" when I switch to flowering?

3. Also I'd really like to get them outta the MG soil and into the FF stuff tonight so if someone could give me some insight on this soon that would be nice.

4. mine are in 1 gallon...

mmm do you have measurements of inside the grow space ? I say try a ten and you wont be limited to the size of your pot but by the size of your box and plant training abilities. Or just go by what your feeling, that's part of the fun right?:smoke:

5. The dimensions of the inside of the box are 17.5" x 15.5" x 29.5"

Guess I forgot to put that in the first post. Gonna have to update it.

6. oh shit...I'd probably just stick with what you got and scrog it.

7. hehe ul have to keep me posted in doing just a cfl grow too im using one big 250W light tho:D
    still us cflers need to stick together:p

8. Im sorry but Dr. Green is wrong about that.

First off, usually pot size goes by gallon. 8" is very vague. Is that diameter? total height? and also i have seen different "8 inch pots" that have different capacities. a good rule of thumb is 1 gal per foot of growth. So if your plants will end up 2 feet tall when done and flowered i would use a 2 gallon pot.

Second, If you were to actually veg your plants for 4 months then flower for 2 more they would be rediculusly tall. And the rule of thumb that i learned from an imense amount of research from very established individuals comes no were even close to Dr. greens "only use 8" containers" theory.

9. This is looking really good I wish you the best.

10. An idea for getting more light for flowering with your light setup would be to possibly squeeze a couple 40 watt CFL's into the sockets if they fit.

11. Ok well yeah that makes a lot more sense then the whole 8" thing. I thought it seemed a little vague as well as I've seen different sized 8" pots. I'll have to check how big a 2 gallon pot is, I think I'll have room for em. I can make a hole in the bottom of my box and let the pots sit down at the actual bottom of the dresser if I need to I suppose. That would give me another 6-7".

I went ahead and transplanted them into the FFOF though as I wanted to get em outta the MG stuff. Gonna need to prolly go get another bag, wish I had just got the big 20$ bag instead of the small 9$ one. Just glad theres a place close to me that sell Fox Farm though. Sounds like some people have had to pay an arm and a leg to order it online. I need to go get the Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom anyways.

12. Some new pics today, got em in the FFOF the other day and they seem to really like it. Getting some good growth it seems. Still haven't used any Grow Big yet but I want to for the next watering, if I go by the directions and use 1/2 tsp per gallon and then just use a cup or so to water each will that be fine or should I be using less then that at this stage? And is it ok to let the water sit with the nute's in it and use it for future waterings?

Also I wanted to ask if anyone could tell me if these are showing like some sort of early female characteristics as I'm seeing these 'V' sorta shaped leaf's so to speak. Though they don't seem to be leafs and I'm not sure what I'm looking at lol. You can see what I'm referring to in pictures 4 and 5.

Attached Files:

13. you should put a reflector of some kind over your lights.

14. hey ya ranger danger im new to this and have my first grow under way i like wot u have done wit ur grow room cheap n simple look forward to watchin ur grow n ill try post ics of mine soon

15. #35 Ranger Danger, Oct 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2010
    Could someone help me out with how much Grow Big I should be using right now? Today is watering day and would like to give em their first feeding of Grow Big.

Also anyone know what those upside down V shaped things are I'm seeing on them?

Edit: Realized that I mis-spoke here an on my previous post, the things I'm seeing are more of a upside down V or almost like an arrow pointing up? They're like two separate feeler things, hell I don't even know how to describe them lol.

Attached Files:

16. Bump, anyone?

17. Around week 3 you should start feeding, but don't go too overboard. 2.5 ml/gal of Grow Big for first feeding should be alright.

And don't worry about the upside V things, those are just called stipules; it's just part of the plant.

18. They still look fairly young, start out at a quarter dose or half, and increase per watering day...look to see for yellowing or anything like that

19. i just stumbled across your thread and i can help you out right till the end if you need me to. I have years of experience with all Fox Farm products also.

your most recent update has your cabinet set up just right. when using the nutes go at 1/4 of the recommended dosage per gallon. you can keep the leftover water for a few days with no worries.

on the chart fox farm gave you they have recommended doses for each week. this means use "x" amount per gallon for the entire week. so if you run out make more with the same dosage. then when your on the next week follow those instructions.

your temps should be between 76-82, but dont let it get below 73-74 when the lights off.

You wont be able to tell the sex of them until around 5-7 days after you put the lights on 12/12.

If you have any other questions along the way pm me and i will be glad to help.