First CFL grow journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by KALIKUSHIN209, Dec 4, 2009.

1. #1 KALIKUSHIN209, Dec 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2009
    Hi GC, :wave: this is my first CFL grow journal. I am going to be posting updates and pictures.
    This is my first mother clone that my friend got me at the cannabis club here in cali. This is my first grow(newb) lol so i need advice and help thanks:D.

1.Strain - (Green Cush) a.k.a (Green Crack) Skunk#1 x afgani

2.light - CFL - compact flourescent light) 2x26w 6500k 1x45w 2700k 1x23w 4100k.
    For flowering i will get a 250w CFL plus 2 more 45w for side lighting.

3.Soil - Fox farm ocean forest (ffof ) with perlite

4.Waterings - i water when the soil is crusted. I use reverse osmosis water

PH Range - reverse osmosis water is PHd . I will get a ph meter later

Nutrients/Supplements - I only gave it water i am in veg mode . And superthrive when I transplant. I will get CANNA veg/bloom nutrients in a couple days my mom will take me to the local hydroponic store.

Design - It is a closet storage tent thing i bought at the local store. You put your clothes in it but i changed it into a grow tent.

8.Reflective - The tent is wrapped in car window mylar .

9.Air - a regular cage fan.

10.Training - LST Low stress training . i tide down side branches for more side growth

11.Light schedule - 18 on 6 off light timer

I will post pictures
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. update she just woke up

[​IMG]

heres the outside of my homemade tent

[​IMG]

3. i will post more pics any comments on my grow????

4. no one has any comments on my grow?????

5. Well, your grow looks great. :hello: You made some good choices when you put this together. Your plant looks happy and healthy.

Some questions: How old is your plant? How tall is it? When do you plan to flip to 12/12?

Your light arrangement could profit from some attention. CFLs put out most of their light from the sides of the bulbs, rather than from the top of the bulbs. If you can figure out a way to hang them so that they look like blimps hovering over you plant then you will get more light onto the plant.

That sounds like the mother of all CFLs! :eek: Most CFL growers seem to stay in the 23w to 65w range. But that does mean hanging a bunch of light fixtures. I'm sure the monster you intend to get comes with a reflector and a hanger or two.

6. thanks alatar for your advice , my plant is 1-2 months old . it is about a foot tall and i will start flowering at 18 inches. it seems alot of people jus surfed thro my thread

7. A man with a plan. :cool: Keep in mind that most plants double in size in the first three weeks of flower. That 18 inches becomes 36.

Have you considered topping your plant? It sounds like you have the time. Topping stimulates branching, giving you a bushier plant with more bud sites.

Tall plants are more challenging for CFL grows, because CFLs have less penetrating power than HIDs. CFL growers often compensate by training their plants into shorter, bushier plants. The three primary techniques used to accomplish this are:

• LST (low stress training)
    • topping/FIMing
    • SCROG (SCreen Of Green)

These techniques can be used separately or in concert with one another. There are tutorials on these techniques stickied in the Absolute Beginners forum, the General Indoor Growing Forum and the Advanced Growing Techniques forum. :bongin:

Yeah, well, it's Saturday. I bet a lot of those people were stoned, too. :smoking: Every time you or anyone else posts to your thread, it bumps your thread to the top of the thread list in the forum. That draws eyeballs. Hello there, all you stoners. :wave: KALIKUSHIN209 is growing a pot plant! :hello:

8. thanks alatar i will check out topping .i dont like cutting my plant so i lst it by tying down branches for more side grow. but im going to try topping and see the results i get i want lots of colas.!

9. i will be posting more updates later this week

10. UPDATE
    here she is when she was little.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    here is recent pictures of her
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    lol just water i need to get some nutes.
    alot of her lower leaves are turning pale and dying ??????
    [​IMG]

11. why are my lower leaves turning pale and dying? and some of my top leaves have rust spots.is this some kind of burn or diffiency????help please im kinda worried

12. your plant looks like it growing nicely, I honestly wouldnt know offhand whats wrong with your leaves...hopefully some one more experienced than me takes a look at this. Good luck growing man.

13. thanks smoke n mirrors. i think my lower leaves are dying because of nitrogen diffiency.
    but i do not no why my leaves are getting rust spots.