First CFL Closet Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by bobjenkins, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Hello, this is my first attempt at growing. I have rigged together a couple of 20 watt house lights that I found knocking about. I pinched the reflector panel from an old space heater and fixed a light to it. Because its kinda chilly I got my old mini fridge (which has a hot option! :D) flipped it on its back making sure there is plenty of ventilation and and popped the plant in it. I still need to get the ventilation sorted out with some fans and I need to get a thermometer to make sure the temps are ok, but for now this is it.

Just wanted to get some advice if there is anything that I need to improve or if this is ok.

Oh yeah it LA woman.

Thanks,

Bob

Attached Files:

2. Bro of course you can improve it but for wat ur doing that's a cool ass lil set up u a handy ass person to have around u got the fridge for a heater and fridges r kinda insulated like a cooler u got cool lights I like the set up for a lil throw together

3. Also I wouldn't worry about ventilation to much its a pretty big area your plant ain gonna use all that up that fast. just make sure u check it every so often when the lights r on.

I check my babies everyday a couple times a day air it out a little get sum new air in there ur cool

4. #4 herbariah, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2013
    looks cool man good luck.

5. This is my 4th x grow n- to the best if my abilities - the ladies r 6wks old - do n the co2 this x/sugar yeast combo(dont have alot of $) id like to know how often I can do this?

6. Also 1st x clone n-they're over a wks old-they're in my linen closet. The ladies r under the steps in basement. I've got 12 cfl's on them-is that enuff? Help some 1 ;-)

Attached Files:

7. #7 Jeejuhpostrap, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2013
    I'd add more the there deficient sum where make sure all the needs r met

1.light
    2.temp
    3.co2
    4.water

Well my bad bro I for got the fifth but there all equally important so make sure there all met but excess is not always a good thing tho homeboy

8. Honestly thro trial and error I'd say nothing in excess is good for your cannababy aha I jus made that shit up ima beast

9. So you using 2 cfl lights 20 watt equivalent to 75 Watt incandescent,1100 lumens about 55.5 per watt!! if you have time to go to home depot they have a pack of 4 cfl lights 100w equivalent its about 10 dollars and you can get these Leviton 660-Watt Keyless Twin-Socket Lamp Holder Adapter R52-00128-00W at The Home Depot hook them up tell you will be ok!! leave the lights on for 24/0 for about 4 weeks give them a lot of Nutes a High N is good for now i use 5-5-5 happy frog!! good luck with your grow:smoking:

10. The first question is what kind of cfl?
    How many lumens?
    Tempeture + humidity?
    :smoking:

11. Hi,

Thanks for the advice dudes. Because I was worried about the LA seed that I planted I took it out of the pot and did the paper towel thing along with another seed that I acquired (Blue cheese). I left them for a day or so and they have already shown roots. I have now planted them in two separate pots and popped them both in the mini fridge. I also bought another light fixing and and added another light bulb. Now just need to wait. Also need some advice on watering them, what is the best way to do that??

Peace,

Bob

Attached Files:

12. Those lights don't out off hella heat abd are not to intense I'd say water as much as ur plants need it bro some wait till the soil surface is dry others stick there finger In a little see if it's wet r dry

13. Acquired a thermometer today. Little concerned about the temps. At the moment it is around 70 Fahrenheit but it does keep dipping a few degrees below this. Is this temperature ok?

14. Hello again,

The seeds have started sprouting. The blue cheese look fine and is showing early signs of the leaves popping out and the color looks fine. However the LA woman that I planted seems to be a bit yellow and am a bit concerned about it. Any advice??

15. Wat do you mean yellow? Plants can turn yellow as part if genetics or there deficient sum where.. Are you spraying alot of water on them? Nitrogen deficiency will cause this and it's very common

16. Also temperatures fine mayb not ideal but it'll work don't let it get to cold it'll stop growing all together

17. The LA woman is kinda yellowy on the stem. Figured it hasn't started the photosynthesis process yet, thats why it might be yellow. Im not spraying a whole lot of water on them.

Thanks.

18. Nevermind about the yellowing, the LA seems to have just sprouted into life now and seems ok. What I find odd is that to start off the blue cheese was doing much better but now the LA seems to be growing at a much quicker pace. Does LA woman grow faster than blue cheese?

Attached Files:

19. To b honest bro I don't know alot about strains n shit

20. The LA woman is looking kinda stemy today. Was wondering if the plant itself would keep growing util it reached the light and got burned??