Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First buy... Nervous as hell. Am I okay?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by scottnic, Dec 19, 2013.

1. I have an appointment in 7 hours to buy for the first time.

I met the guy on Whisper (anonymous app for posting pics and chatting). I'm not too terribly concerned about quality/weight/price issues, but I'm nervous about legal issues.

What can I do to ensure (as much as possible) that I'm not doing anything that can get me arrested? As I understand it, the plan is that I drive up (residential address), he gets in, we trade money for product, he gets out, I drive away.

What are the risks? If he's an undercover cop, can he sell to me and then arrest me? Is my declared intent to buy (on an anonymous chat app) enough to get me in trouble? Can I be arrested for possession if I get pulled over and the cop finds something that another cop left in my car?

I'm sure I'm stressing myself out far more than I need to, but for all kinds of reasons an arrest for possession would not be a good thing.

I'm in Utah, FWIW.

2. (It wasn't clear to me from reading the legalese when I signed up whether this sort of post is even permissible... If not, please let me know and I'll delete).

3. Why would you even want to buy from someone you've never met in your life?

4. I suggest meeting in a public place, like in a parking lot at a big strip mall or something, make sure you see the bud and inspect it before giving him any money.

Arrive at the meeting spot aheadof time and scope the place out

5. I've done it multiple times, its really not that sketchy aslong as you take extra precautions

Because I've never met anyone who sells... I only know two people who smoke, and they've both told me their dealers are very shy about meeting someone new.

7. This is a stupid idea.

It is really not that hard to find a dealer you actually know.

Simply get your two friends to purchase your weed for you until you find a dealer in real life. Plus what dealer is fucking shy? how are they going to expand their customer base without meeting new people. I've never heard of a shy dealer, I think they're lying to you bro.

8. Totally agree with AlphaOmega, public place, inspect the weed, and also don't act as if your new to dealing cannabis, that will show the dealer you may not know allot about the quality, amount etc and this may allow him to take of advantage of you. I would do the deal, but try to get it of someone you know in the future, it makes it allot simpler.

9. He's prolly gunna car jack you take all your money and dump your body in a river.

10. You're fine. Cops have better things to do than chill on phone apps trying to catch teenagers buying weed.

11. If I had a dolla everytime someone told me their dealer was on the DL and didn't want to meet any new people lol.

Just get their dealers number from someone else. Kids just want to use you so they pinch your bag when they buy for you

Just because they have better things to do, does not mean that they are doing them.

They are cops after all.

13. Hope OP isn't dead. Anyway...from what I understand, an undercover wouldn't leave you with drugs...they'd probably bust you as soon as money was shown for the plant. Most states have a intent to commit a crime (or something along those lines) statute. I met a guy off craigslist....if thats not sketchy I don't know what is.

14. As a dealer you have to be discreet but also have to take risk.. IM NOT turning down money

15. #15 TokedTurtle, Dec 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2013
    Never heard of that site, but I actually made a connection thru Craigslist. It was stupid, but it ended up being a great connection. He gave me a fair price, didn't pressure me into doing anything extra for it (I'm a girl so a lot of times I find guys expect me to give them some "attention" for a better price or free bud), and it was the best shit I have ever smoked. Just ask to see the product before you give them money. Even if you are nervous, it's best to inspect it so you don't get screwed over. After you get the weed, pull over at a gas station or something and put it in your trunk. That way if you get pulled over for something stupid, you won't have to worry about the cop seeing your bud or smelling it. Don't be stupid and bring any glass or things like that with you. Oh, and if you would feel more comfortable taking a friend, let the dealer know so it doesn't come as a surprise.

16. Thanks for the responses.

I cancelled the deal. It was making me too anxious. He kinda flipped out on me, which makes me think I made the right decision.

I'll try to find somebody I have more of a connection with (friend of a friend, or whatever). Tips here would be very much appreciated...

Part of the problem (at least as I see it) is that I'm not a social smoker. To my knowledge, only two of my friends smoke, and I've only smoked with each of them once. One of them gave me a couple of buds to go home with that night, and I light up so rarely that it lasted me forever (it was bone dry near the end, but still seemed to work).

In fact, I haven't really enjoyed being high (though I sleep like a baby with a couple of puffs before bed). The only reason I'm looking to buy at all is that I want to see how a sativa high feels.

But yeah, I don't light up with friends, so that means (or seems to mean) far less opportunity to meet someone to buy from.

The friend who hooked me up before would probably be willing to do so again, but he doesn't care at all what strain he's got, and from hearing him talk he's always got indica.

The other friend said he'd try to put me in touch with his dealer, but that the guy was anxious about meeting new people. That was three weeks ago, and I haven't heard anything.

Possibly I've said some stupid things above... I'm (obviously) new to this, and while I'm pretty good at book-learning, street-smarts have never come easily to me...

17. #17 bloodysita, Dec 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2013
    Mind if I ask how he flipped on you? Like what caused you to cancel the deal? Just out of curiosity?

18. Hang out at Spencer's or something, everyone's a stoner there, take it from someone who knows all the workers at his local one...I wouldn't ask the workers themselves as to keep their jobs they obviously won't answer, but if someone comes in and start looking at the pot stuff ask 'em if they know where to get any. Of course ur gonna get some people who run away screaming that you're a cop haha, but this trick has worked in the past for people ik. Your other option would be to pressure your friends a tad more to help, it's rare to see stoners that don't want to help spread the love...if you prod enough without being a dick about it it'll eventually come your way from them I'd imagine. Ask your friend who was going to put you in touch with his dealer if the dealer would be more comfortable if you just tagged along on one of your friends pickups or something? I can't imagine that'd be a huge problem.

19. That's idiotic & complete bullshit. Money is money, dealers are out there to make money. If one of my costumers hooked me up with a new buyer I would smoke them up for that...

20. [quote name="bloodysita" post="19192959" timestamp="1387480976"]Mind if I ask how he flipped on you? Like what caused you to cancel the deal? Just out of curiosity?[/quote]I cancelled because I was uncomfortable. Probably this is partly just general nerves from doing something (illegal) I've never done before. But he also seemed kind of pushy and a little bit desperate, and that had me on edge. (Then, too, he's 30 minutes away and there was a storm this morning, so it'd probably have ended up being a 2-hour trip).When I told him I wasn't coming after all he started cursing at me and kept it up for half a dozen chat messages even after I stopped responding.