Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First Break, is it difficult?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mbruck3, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Not a new toker but I am new to the break. I have been smoking regularly for about two years and for financial and other purposes I have decided to stay sober for a month or so from marijuana. How are everyone's experiences with this? I am also thinking of just not buying for a month. Just let people smoke me out... Give me stories and advice. Gracias :smoke:

2. Well, depending on how much marijuana helps you do day to day activities will determine how hard it will be.

The main MEDICAL use of my marijuana is for sleep. I have always had issues sleeping and even if cannabis isn't the best option I love it.

My main RECREATIONAL use is a social thing, with friends.

So when I took my 10 day T-Break, the main problem I had was the sleeping. I would lie awake for the first few days until 2-3am, and then wake at 9 unable to sleep more. Once I was on day four and beyond I had no trouble though.

I wish I had known this at the time, but MELATONIN is key (at least for me) to sleeping the first few nights. Its a supplement you can buy from any drug store that encourages sleep. Basically weed increases this substance by A LOT when you smoke, making it easy to sleep. When you stop, however, your body isn't used to having low amount of melatonin, so it takes a few days to get back to normal.

As far as the social aspect, just still try and be around your friends, even if they're smoking.

3. Dont hang out with people that smoke
    give your peice to a friend
    smoke all your weed today

4. Hardcore man...

5. the first week is hard after that it's easy.

6. Not that hard. The worst part is keeping yourself occupied. When you get bored thats when you fiend for a bowl. Stay busy and you won't even notice.

7. Yeah, I have not taken a T-break in awhile, but I know from experience that the key is to keep yourself occupied.

I smoke mainly because it makes boring things like just sitting around at home after work entertaining, and if I'm on my T-Break with nothing else to do, the hankering for a Vape hit is mighty tempting.

8. On day 6 myself right now.

First two days I missed it. Felt out of my routine. Now I am not really bothered by it

9. The only problems I found myself when just going off of it is sleeping. Try to tire yourself out during the day so that you fall asleep right as you hit the sack. But again, that's just me.

10. its tough the first 2 days cuz when i went on a break i usually kept looking for little weed remains n shit just to get high but after those 2 to 3 days you get more chilled and start relaxing and not caring anymore :)

11. and me man... when i dont have some nice indica i cant sleep 4 shit and eat aswell .. but im broke so i cant eat that much anyway haha

12. I was on a second or third break for a couple days, like 3 or 4. It makes a huge difference, especially a month. The first day or two, its hard because your used to blazing to pass some time. Start exercising, drink a lot of water, and also have something to keep you occupied. I can reassure that it is totally worth it.:smoke:

13. Damn not the stuff I wanted to hear. 1 of the main reason I use it is to help me sleep, looks like could be the hardest part from what I am hearing. Another bomb is that I don't start school again until the 18th so even with work I have free time. Maybe I'll take the break once school starts, of course faithful mary also helps my school work majorly... why is it so hard :rolleyes:.

Also, where does the term "t-break come from?

14. Tolerance break, I think.

Some people who smoke very often complain that they "can't get high" anymore. So, the thing to do in this case is to bring your body's tolerance levels down with a break... a T-break!

15. Word, that makes total sense. I am pretty sure I knew that but I wasn't sure what the "t" stood for... which is obviously tolerance. Thanks man