First bong help: Perc or no perc

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by awesomesaucedoo, Mar 24, 2011.

1. #1 awesomesaucedoo, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2011
    I'm trying to decide between either this

Molino Premium Bong Line - 7mm - 50cm - Green Logo - English - Grasscity.com

or

Molino Mad Scientist V3 - Double 7 arms percolator bong - 7mm - English - Grasscity.com

I was hoping to spend around 100, and get something thick.

I was wondering, how much of a difference do percs make?
    What difference in feeling/taste/generalsmoking would the percs make?

Thanks for any advice guys!

Edit: Forgot to mention, all of my pieces up to this point (except my MFLB, maybe I'll paint it lol) are green, (Go MSU!) , so the Mad Scientist would make a serious impact on my collection :p

2. If you are looking for something around $100 I would say definitely no perc. I prefer a straight shot though.

3. I would like to spend around 100$, but the double perc molino is only 150, so if perc's do make a significant difference, I'll pick that one up.

Thanks! And the only bong I've smoked out of was a grommet straight pipe, was very unimpressed but I'm sure it was from the lack of seal!

4. I'd go single perc from local head shop... you should be able to find some nice shit... the mad scientist scares me with that removable perc on the inside i'm worried it would fall out when dumping the bong and break...

Percs do make a difference. a single whole downstem in a straight tube is a harsher hit than a slitted or holed downstem in a straight tube, and if you take one of those diffused downstems and put that with a perc bong they hit amazingly smooth...

5. Percs make a huge difference unfortunately when you are talking about low end glass it tends to be more of a detriment. I bought a weedstar messias single tree a few months back as my first major glass investment and while it's not the worst piece I've hit you can tell the piece is cheap not only does the perc create enormous amounts of drag but the mouth piece is misshapen and quite large... Actually had a smaller lady friend that couldn't create a seal cuz her face was too small.

6. I would go for the mad scientist V3.

percs do make a noticeable difference.

7. Now I'm considering the Mad Scientist V2, just for space reasons.

This piece looks particularly fragile at the crease in the middle (where the perc goes) though.
    Any opinions?

Thanks guys