Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

first bho run, help appreciated

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Let4It20Be, Dec 4, 2012.

1. So I've been doing my homework, looking up tutorials and techniques on how go about doing a BHO run. I have a plan pretty much figured out, but I need a little help refining my information. So first...

Materials:
    stainless steel turkey baster
    unbleached coffee filters
    hose clamp
    Pyrex dish
    Heating pad
    5x refined butane (Vector)

My Plan:
    First, make extraction tube. I am under the impression that the baster will come with an attachment for the nozzle. Put filters on the other side of baster, put hose clamp on to keep in place. I want to use an ounce of trim for my first try. So I'll fill it up, then start extraction (outside). It'll collect in pan, liquid butane will evaporate. Then starts purging.

My Questions:
    If baster does not have nozzle attachment, how do I make an air tight nozzle for butane?

How many coffee filters do I use?

Is an ounce of trim enough? If not, I've heard you can fill up the empty space with more coffee filters, is that true?

How many cans of butane should I use for an ounce? How big are the cans?

I plan on grinding up the bud semi-fine, and I've heard that the bud should be VERY dry, should I grind up the bud a few days in advance to dry it out more?

How big of a yield should I get?

Any tips on how to increase yield? (like bud being more dry)

Purging:
    So I don't have a way to vacuum purge, due to a weird situation with roommate, I have to do all of this a little more discreetly. My plan right now is to purge on hot water by placing the Pyrex dish in another bigger dish/pan full of boiling water, do you have any better methods that would still be easy/not require me to buy anything?

If not, how long should I purge on hot water?

Will this get all the butane out?

How will I know when all the butane is gone?

I've heard heating it too much decreases potency, how can I avoid this?

If I make this first batch well, my friend will give me a lot more trim to work with and I'll only have to give him a fraction of the oil in return. So help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks GrassCity!

(Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I had no clue where to put it)

2. the baster... the end thats small, is the end you blast into man... your butane should have nozzles in the lid of the can, one of them should seal with the baster.. if not.. you are going to have to make something....

as for the purge, dont boil the water, keep it right below a simmer. Boiling is too much heat

Also with the roommate thing... kinda made it seem like you are going to be doing this inside (as outside is hardly discrete lol)

DONT RUN BHO INSIDE A HOUSE

3. Okay, sounds easy enough. Thanks for the reply!

Oh hell no lol Im not trying to blow up. Definitely outside. I just meant If I come home with a vacuum pump, she's gonna know something's up and she'll ask a million questions.

The purging part is my main concern. I want to safely purge (no open flame) while still getting the butane out. I don't want to hurt anyone that's smoking my product.

4. ah, if you let it purge off until its just bubbles of tane in the actual oil, its pretty "safe" to bring indoors, not safe to smoke unless you like inhaling butane lol.. but once its done boiling and bubbling, it wont explode.... the area it purged in could though.... you need airflow, and if you are outside dont do it by any walls if you plan to have flame near that place for a bit after, it could pool against the wall or some shit hahahaa

Ive brought my runs inside plenty of times once its just got tiny tane bubbles... still no open flames because i have no gas appliances, but that tiny bit of butane wouldnt do shit, not enough of it too collect lol