Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

first batch of cocunut oil help please.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BuRnTrEeS247, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Okay well ima use a gram of dank or should I use keef?.

I know I need to decarb bud for 215 30 min.. does keef need the same process?

Now the infusion.. do I bake 325 for 30 min? Can I leave it longer and shorter temp for more extraction of shit thst fucks me up thc cbc cbd whatever else.

Bad kit used keef so couldn't really follow step by step wanna be sure never done anything expect s bullshit firecracker. Which I know some of ull don't think is a real medical food.. I agree which I why I bough the fuking expensive ass oil to try it out lol..

2. Help time is here://

3. Typing a reply now, give me a min or two ;)

4. Thanks cooper:))

5. Use whatever you feel more comfortable using. Kief is easier to process, but you may not be willing to risk wasting it in case you make a mistake.

I would use bud. Make sure you grind it up as much as possible, by time it is added to your oil it should be a powder like consistency.

Decarb for 30 minutes at 220F(or so, more or less depending on how fresh your product is). Make sure you seal the container (ceramic or glass) with aluminum foil tightly (couple layers) to ensure no vapor is released. Also, when you take it out of the oven, wait until it fully cools.

Bake it by putting it in a dish with your product (melt the oil first, microwave can melt it just fine :) ) and mix it until it is nice and throughly blended. Cover the tight tightly with foil like before. Put it in the oven at 220F for 40 minutes.

Take it out, let it cool completly before opening it (to reduce vapor loss), stir it, then put it in the freezer for at least 8 hours and then let it thaw (this step can be skipped, but it GREATLY helps to blend your product more throughly and increase the bioavailability of your thc and cbd :) )

Bake it again for another 40 minutes at 220F. Let it cool competly before opening. Then strain it with cheese cloth into a new dish, and you should have some potent oil.

For a gram of bud, depending on how much you smoke in a whole day, you could get a couple small doses from that. Use a couple of teaspoons of oil when you start, don't add too much.

Enjoy :)

6. Okay so bake it twice.. Damn a gram will make more than one dose? I smoke a gram a day ish.. but will keef work better and mote potent? I have a gram.to throw away with keef

7. If you smoke a gram a day, if you eat that in one serving, you will probably be high for hours on end :) Especially if you bake it twice, or even 3 times, with freezes in between. Remember to always let everything cool down and warm up slowly, don't just throw it in the oven from the freezer, it can damage your product.

And I would recomend taking half the dose, waiting to see the effects, then trying the other half an hour later and a half if you aren't feeling anything.

Adding the kief wouldn't hurt at all, it could only help :) It's just whatever you wanna risk doing while you figure out and experiment a bit what is personally the best for you. ALways keep tolerance in mind. A strong edible will contain about as much as you would smoke in a day, but will be a much stronger and longer lasting high, if processed right, than smoking the same amount.

I got blasted from brownies I made last summer for over 12hours from little over 0.35g of product in the brownies I had (after not smoking a few days).

Gf at the time was out for over 17 hours from 0.17g, 0 tolerance at all.

Good times.

8. Kk so the more I bake it the more potent it gets? Shit ill bake this bitch 1.000 time lol.. k well ima making it with 2 grams of keef.. Im decarbing 215 30 min.. oven really hot so went.lower.. k wait so I only bake it at 220 for 40 min I don't go any higher temp?

9. Heat helps the extraction process, and this lower level heat is safe enough to add heat where it won't cause too much degreadtion of products before the oil is very bioavailable. If you keep cooking, you will move past that point where the oil is as bioavailable as possible and you start increasing degradation products. Which isn't bad, have a good ratio of some degradation products to active thc can make the brownies very stoney and narcotic. But it's a gentle tipping point where the degradation products start affecting overall potency.

And don't go higher than 220, that is the highest safe temperature that most people follow now (due to the work of a lot of people and a lot of bud):smoke::smoke::smoke:

10. Kk thanks im taking this cap alone not throwing this into anything.. nice k I'm excited sucks won't be ready till tomm lol should I freeze it or in the fridge?.. fuk I'm.excited lol

11. The freezer. Freezing breaks up the resin glands, allowing it to be extracted into your oil and more available for your body to use and process :) a

And edibles are very exciting. Remember, it's a process and a learning experiment. You may or may not get it right the first time, but trust me it's worth it :)

12. Yea I know that same as iso and shit like that I'm smart when it comes to learning about shit I love lol just needed the basics really I wanna try bad kit meat pie

13. There are a few tutorials on the first page of the CannaPharm, detailing exactly what you've asked. :)

You want to know how to treat kief? The first five tutorials go over it, the very first in great detail!

It's as simple as:

- Wrap your herb/hash in foil, decarb 20 minutes at 220 f (for 30 if it's a bit fresh, and in a thick ceramic or pyrex dish), let it cool in the oven for an additional 10 or so.

- Add your WARMED oil, re-wrap, oven for 40-50 minutes, cool.

- Then FREEZE at least a few hours, let thaw (don't pop it right in a pre-heated oven or it can shatter your dish!)

- Reheat for an additional 40 - 50 minutes at 220 f. And, you're done. :)

- If you use herb, this is when you'd strain.

Easy peasy, lemon squeezy. :D

Kief is the same glandular material as the stuff on your herb, and as such, it requires the same treatment in order to become active and bioavailable.

The only two differences between kief oil, and canna oil? You can use less oil, and make it much more concentrated, and you don't really have to strain out plant matter if you don't want to (trichomes do leave behind their stalk 'husks', and sometimes the head husks fro one strain or plant, don't break down as easily as others).

And yes, you are DEFINITELY better off using lower temps and longer times, in order to effectively break down the material without causing much degradation (which occurs almost immediately after glandular temps surpass 300f).

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Hash Oil (starting with dry-sift hash, same as capsule recipe, oil can also be used for cooking)

Med-Grade Hash Oil

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And if you decide not to use kief;

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Canna Oil

Med-Grade Canna Oil

[​IMG]

How to make this...

[​IMG]

Into...

[​IMG]

Good luck, and have fun! :wave:

14. Sorry guys, I read tree's first post before replying, but didn't realize how thoroughly Sheldon answered in his following responses. :eek:

I'm just waking up with the first bad head cold (and possibly strep throat) I've had, in about 15 years. It's rough being low on smoke! On the upside, at least being groggy makes me more brief and to the point, than usual. :p
    When I get sick, I get sick.. Off topic, my grandmother passed before I met her, at 35, of heart complications from strep and scarlet fever, all of which used to plague me as a kid before I started smoking and eating canna... used to wear a heart monitor and all!

(Where's the stuffy-nosed smiley/emote with the ice-pack on his head when you need him :p)

15. No big deal BK, I kinda did ninja all over this thread when I saw it in New Posts :p

And I hope you feel better! I am so thankful I did get ill this winter, I am usually with a minor cold for weeks on end, or every few years the flu >.<

Or the stomach virus I had last year that made me lose 14 lbs in 2 days... :eek:

If I was anywhere near ya you know i'd smoke you up :bongin: I am guessing it's almost harvest time since you're running low on medicine.

16. I thought it was like a special hash lol sorry kitten okay I followed it to the guys and gals..its in.the oven should it go straight into the freezer or let it cool when coming out the over at 220 for 40 min.. thanks guy a lot really tomm day off should be fun:)

17. Nope, kief is hash essentially, just has more plant matter (due to hash from bubble bags having pretty small screens that allow only the trichomes to fall through). It's basically just more potent glandular material.

And good luck! Take your time and don't rush :) Especially when you're straining, I have spilled or put too much material in the cheese cloth at once (and lost material that way since you can't squeeze it all out if you use bigger portions, no matter how hard you squeeze). :cool:

18. Do I put it straight into the freezer?? Or let it cool down then throw it into the freezer? And yea taking my time to come out good? Should it be a dark color like with made with bud and shit its only keef,kief.

19. I like to let it cool down, just in case the shift from hot to cold damages your dish (then you will ruin your ENTIRE batch!). But also because I like to let it cool so I can remove the aluminum foil and stir it up a big and try to break up all the plant matter I can (I used a butter knife). Then I cover it up again and put it in the freezer.

And it should come out dark if you don't use a lot of oil. If you use severl TBSP of oil, it will be more dilute and appear a light green, where as putting a gram in 2 tsp would be quite dark. Wish I had pics of oils I made in the past to show how mine come out. Next time I cook I will be taking pictures, definitely.:smoke:

20. #20 BuRnTrEeS247, Apr 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2012
    Well the first time it came out greenish kinda.. will it get darker after the secound cook not gunna strain the keef ill just eat it lol it has a bunch still in there is it suppose to dissolve?