Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First Bad Experience

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by HOOD00, Feb 19, 2018.

1. I am a nee smoker. 29 years old and been smoking about three weeks. I promised to try smoking for my fiance who thinks im always wound too tight. In the last three weeks i have had one really bad experience and that was last night.

Hard time regulating breathing, almost threw up, hyperventilating, nothing i tried would calm me down and normally im just kinda upbeat and chatty. But my fiance had to leave on a call (hes a tow truck operator). It was really bad. Intrusive thoughts for what seemed like hours.

My question is, how can i avoid this? Id say 90% of the time I'm okay, but last night was awful.

I've only been smoking one hitter every evening before bed or every othet evening.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. You could try a different cannabis plant. I would try finding something with higher CBD. CBD counteracts the effects of THC. Even a toke from a high CBD variety when you start feeling that way will curb that feeling. Good luck. There is no reason you should feel like you have to smoke weed for you finance, I am on my second marriage and neither of them smoked. All these new varieties of weed are high THC these days, look for something mild with more balanced cannabinoids.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I dont feel like i have to, i just want to make that clear. Hes nit making me do anything. I have always been very uptight, and many of my issues with anxiety and depression definitely come from that. So, regardless of if he brought it up, it was always mt choice. He is not smoking with me either. He has a job that he cant have anything in his system or he'll lose his license. So he wanted to do this for me.

My two year old son couldnt be born naturallt because i just cant ever relax. As soon as i was given meds in the hospital he shot the eff out lol.

I so much appreciate the concern though, I just didnt want anyone getting the wrong idea. His suggestion, my choice. <3

Currently what we have is what we have, unfortunately. I also wondered if it was the wrong strain for me, but we have a good bit left and i dont want to just get rid of it.

4. My girlfriend usually doesn't handle weed anymore due to the high THC level, try meditating. Feel the energy, your problems and stress is only in your mind. Try meditating for anxiety or whatever you struggle with. Usually a small buzz would just calm you, however its normal for beginners to experience the anxiety/paranoia feeling in your chest with difficulty breathing. Perhaps enhanced Cannabinoid-based products with less would be helpful, as CBD oils etc. You don't need to feel the high to get the benefit from cannabis :) If you want to enjoy the high, just eat some snacks and watch your favorite TV-show or listen to your favorite songs. Take some time for yourself

• Like Like x 1
  5. I think it was because i was alone. I think too much when im alone as is, being stoned just made it worse.

6. Sound like what you may have is a sativa leaning Hybrid strain. Sativa is the brain scrambler version that can bring on anxiety in many new users who don't know just what to expect.
    Indica is the more relaxed strains and tends to make many users doze off if they are not up and active.
    Micro dosing ( a tiny toke ) might be useful where it's not really enough to say Yes I'm stoned.
    More an "I'm I high sensation ?" works for many people starting out.
    My own wife is a micro dose level user. Just a 1/4 drag off the pipe is all she needs to be set for a couple of hours.
    Took years to figure it out but it does the job. More then that makes her paranoid and she spends the evening mad at me for letting her take a second toke.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ill have to try that. My fiance bought me a one hitter though, thr kind with the claw on thr end that looks like a cigarette. Maybe i shouls eventually get a pipe? I appreciate everyones help!

8. what straim was it some.high in cbn can cause nausia try somethi g with some cbd as it can counter negitive effects of thc.
    failing that try a 50/50indica sativa with no more than 25% amber thrichomes.

and chill also if ya ever feel a bit funny have some.chocolate or sweet cuppa tea and a biscuit cannabis can drop.blood sugar like a stone so if a lil low it can drop.further making you feel wierd

even i sometime smoke a bit too much or dont eat before smokig and makes me feel funny. if i drink a sweet tea Nd a bisciut or some sweets its a quick pick me up.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  9. Don't put a lot of faith in different strains making much difference unless it's a low THC strain I suppose. You simply got too high. You'll find you get a pleasant high with very small amounts. For your next sesh let your bf take the hit and you get yours from his exhale. Work up from there.

10. Smoke less or
    Invest in a quality vaporizer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. #11 Burrito Wizard, Feb 19, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    Weed is a (mild) psychedelic at the end of the day. No it's not on the level of other drugs that are against the rules to talk about here but it still needs to be respected and understood for what it really is. It can exaggerate existing aspects of yourself that are negative or positive. Understanding that is the key to not fearing it. You're tapping into a part of yourself on a deeper level than being sober (maybe with the exceptions of serious meditation).

Your mindset, your set and setting, etc will all play a part in how your experience goes. Just as weed can gently hug you with it's euphoria and relaxation it can bitch slap you with anxiety and a dark look at parts of yourself you don't want to encounter. But that mostly depends on you. Good doesn't exist without bad but whether you have a good time or a bad time is almost entirely dependent on you, whether it's something you can control consciously or not.

You can learn to control the experience to work in your favor. If you want to continue smoking go slow. Microdose and work your way up at your own pace. Don't let your ego play a part in your decisions.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Next time your freaking out set a timer for 15 min go in ur room kill the light lay still on ur bed with eyes closed n think of something happy or nothing at all until timer goes off. Your breathing and heart rate will regulate and u will calm down. This also helps with panic attacks.
    Also if u don’t have access to cbd try a indica stay away from sativas if u have stress and anxiety. Preferably 10% thc