JXAllen's Closet Autos

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by JXAllen, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Day 15. Two weeks and it's time to transplant. Moved from the 1L air-pot to 9L(3gal equivalent). Also upped feeding to 1/2 strength MB.

Attached Files:

2. Day 17. Looking good to me. No signs of transplant shock.

Attached Files:

3. Looking good to me man. Just caught up. I wish I could be growing my Fruit Punch Auto with ya, but the seeds GYO sent me were junk. All but one DP Brooklyn Sunrise that sprouted after a week and is super slow.

Don’t worry about bennies with coco/perlite DTW. You’ll be feeding too often and hopefully to waste so you’ll just wash them out. Bennies are more for soil

4. Yeah, I read your review of GYO. That really sucks man. I went and read through their return policy after reading it. I hope I don't have any issues, because they don't look like they'll help you out without a huge hassle. I don't know if I got lucky or you got unlucky. I've actually popped one more seed from them. An Auto Skunk #1 from Seedman. It just broke surface this morning. Heh....that's what happens when I get bored....start seeds that I have no place to grow :p

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'm debating whether or not to low stress train. Now's the time to start if I'm going to. I was planning on it from the start, but I've never actually seen an autoflower grow out on it's own. I'm tempted to just let this one go and only train as necessary if size becomes an issue.

6. How many seeds from GYO didn’t pop? I was zero for 8 until one of the freebie autos (Fruit Punch Auto) popped yesterday. Among those seeds were 2x Colorado Cookies, 3x C4 Autos, NYC Diesel, Bubble Auto, and a Dark Purple Auto. I won’t be ordering from them again.

“Tyranny anywhere is a threat to freedom everywhere.” — someone awesome

7. I was 0 for 6 until the BS popped after a week in paper towels. Sucks too because I had some good Mephisto strains. Alibongo and SeedsHereNow have always done well

8. Day 19 for the FPA and day 2 for my Auto Skunk #1.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Day 21! 3 weeks for my Fruit Punch auto.
    Day 4 for Skunk.

I lowered my light down to around a foot above the fruit punch because my skunk seedling was stretching a bit too much for my taste. When would be the best time to swap out the 65 for the 100. And would it be beneficial to keep both? even though the 65 is 4000k?

Attached Files:

10. I say let it stretch. Growing with QB’s is going to keep your nodes nice and tight regardless. But if you keep the light too close, you’ll get ZERO stretch and that WILL hurt your yield because you’ll end up with plants that don’t get any higher than 18”. I have been growing with QB’s since March of this year. I’ve grown autos and photos with them. I would highly recommend you keep that light raised very high in veg...unless you want short plants that don’t produce huge buds.

This is a Jack Herer plant that was too close to the light. She grew some super dank bud, but the plant was only about 14” high. I should have had a huge yield on that grow but ended up with a bunch of smaller bud sites because the plants never stretched. Zero pre-flower stretch. Zero.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

“Tyranny anywhere is a threat to freedom everywhere.” — someone awesome

• Like Like x 2
  11. Wow, that's a short plant. Thanks for the insight, I'll raise my light back to 24".

12. #32 JXAllen, Nov 25, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    Argh!! My fan blew my skunk over! I just did a little rearranging to get only indirect air on it. I'll also grab something to brace it up. Will this stunt her?

Day 23 for FPA and day 6 for Skunk.

I added my HLG 100 3000k to the closet. I have the 65 4000k directly over the skunk seedling and the 100 over the FPA. At what point will the 4000k of the 65 interfere with the FPA once it goes into flower?

The HLG 65 is 24" above the FPA and the HLG 100 is 33", which is as high as it'll go.

Attached Files:

13. I run a mix of 3000k and 4000k qb120’s.

12-16” is where I keep them

AA51EB68-62A2-4564-9307-DD2E815DC4DE.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  14. Preflowers!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Day 25 for FPA and 8 for skunk.

Attached Files:

16. Day 26 FPA, day 9 skunk
    FPA is really starting to jump
    Skunk is coming up nicely

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  17. FPA is 4 weeks today! The rate at which she is growing amazes me!
    Day 11 for Skunk.
    First full strength feeding for the FPA today. So, per gallon, 1 tsp GH MB, 2.5ml SB and 2ml Hydroguard.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  18. FPA Day 31 verticle growth of the main top has slowed and she's starting to fill out. Most of the growth is in the side nodes growing up and out. Looking good. She's really starting to drink a lot.

Skunk Day 14. Prepping coco for transplant to 9L in a couple days.

Attached Files:

19. #39 JXAllen, Dec 4, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    FPA Day 32. Nipped off a few lower fan leaves that were blocking light.
    Skunk Day 15. Transplanted into 9L air-pot and began low stress training. Hopefully transplant and training on the same day wasn't a terrible idea. I'm not entirely sure if it's genetics, or the addition of the silica and hydroguard, but the Skunk had much more root and stem growth compared to the FPA.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Skunk recovered beautifully.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1