First attempts at QWISO-question?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by ZgreatJ, Oct 16, 2010.

1. #1 ZgreatJ, Oct 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2010
    I have just done my first two attempts at qwiso and got two entirely different consistency hash balls. The first go yielded a gooey, sticky tar ball I couldn't even touch without my hands becoming a fly trap. The dish was mostly the oily goop with some of the dry powdery residue. The second try ended with spotty oil and mostly the dry powdery residue. It was like kief. I actually had to add a drop of water so it would bind together in order for me to be able to roll it into a ball. Both attempts used trimmings and popcorn buds from the same plant. Same 91% ISO. Same filtering method and same pan. Same drying time in front of a fan. The only difference was the temp was cooler for the second run. And they were two separate washes, second was not a rewash of the first. On the left is the dry, right is oily. Any ideas or insights would be much appreciated. I have loads of material left from the first plant and haven't even started the second yet, so I have lots more to make and want to get it right.

Attached Files:

2. #2 HipHopFiend, Oct 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2010
    i think its all in the amount of time the plant spent in the ISO. My first attempts turned out an oily goo, but as i've made many batches they are like you described, almost kief like. I always wrap it in wax paper, form it with my fingers...it will change texture a little with the heat of your finger, then you form it.

edit: try washing a little less time, remember as your draining the plant material is just sitting in the ISO

3. The more time you allow it to sit in the alcohol the more goopy it will get. Also heating it to much can turn it goopy also.