First attempted FIM question: Didn't cut enough?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by johnson2420, Oct 9, 2012.

1. I just attempted my first FIM. I am scared I did not cut enough off the new growth. My question is, what would happen if you do not cut enough off the new growth? Could not cutting enough off lead to problems? I just cut it last night so i dont think it would be too late to just completely top the plant if not a short enough cut is risky. Thanks!

2. Here are some photos. Idk if theyll be of much help though they were taken from an iPhone 3G so the quality is absolutely laughable lol

Attached Files:

3. yeah....too blurry

4. I can't tell. Blurry

5. Do you know what happens if you cut too little off? And one more question is my plant big enough to be fimed or did I do it too early?

6. I would have waited a bit longer but she was ready

7. got better pics

Attached Files:

8. Does the plant above look fimed at the correct length? It sort o looks like the top is branching out into 4 directions idk if that's what it's supposed to look like. I cut it last night so hopefully I have enough time to go ahead and top the plant or do what ever i need to do to correct if I didn't cut enough of the new growth off.

9. I wouldve gone another 1/8"-1/4".....but thats just me

10. Since it's only been 24hours should I cut off a little more? It has been under 24 hours light since If that makes any difference.

11. nah its fine now

12. So you think my best bet would be to leave it alone and see how it plays out?

13. ^ it's fine

You missed just fine :)

14. UPDATE

Okay its been 3 days since my attempted FIM and heres what she looks like. Does she looks okay and how many shoots do you guys think she will have now? Im kinda scared it looks like i didnt cut off enough and it will still have one main stock. What do you guys think?

Attached Files:

15. It will fork. Everytime you FIM you will get two. (sometimes more)

16. quit finger fucking your plants, its fine let it go, see how it turns out and learn from it...it's what we all have done in the past

17. You did fine bro. Even if you took one quarter rather than eighty percent you'd still do fine. The fim will just outgrow the lowers then you can fim again or tie her to the side and pull her sideways so all the lowers will shoot up crazy fast.

18. That's a perfect fim from what I could see bro