Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First attempt. What to make?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Korben, Jul 3, 2011.

1. So I just got a Oz of the dank. I was going to use between 4-8 g to make my first edible. I was thinking brownies. First making "budder" and then probably just using a box mix. The weed is pretty dank blue dream and some kush. How much should I really use. Is this a good first attempt idea?

2. I didn't understand what you were trying to say, but make a few firecrackers each containing about 1 gram of bud. Eat one, see how it affects you, then eat more to reach your desired level of high.

3. 4-8g for a single serving of an edible is way too much. But if your making budder and then brownies, thats a good idea. I would suggest about 0.33g a brownie (i mean if you use 4g then make 12 brownies). If 1 doesnt hit you in an hour or 2, take another!

Also, i would suggest reading up some good recipes first. It's quite easy to go wrong with edibles (from experience!)

4. Sorry ivape. I have a hard time typing what I am trying to get across. I intend to make a normal 13x9 pan of brownies as my first edible. I was going make "budder" from regular butter and Weed by placing 4-8 g of weed in the butter on the stove top and heat for 30-40 minutes. Then make the brownies as normal using the newly created "Budder." I was wondering if that would be the correct amount of weed for a standard brownie mix. I know you could always eat another brownie if you haven't made it to the desired level of high but I wanted to make sure my initial weed amount was in the ball park to make some pretty potent brownies.

5. A quarter of weed is nessesary, IDK what that other guy is saying its too much for. 7g spread across a whole mix of brownies isnt a ton, but because its the dank itll still be strong

6. #6 BadKittySmiles, Jul 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2011
    How much you use, really depends on your tolerance, and your processing methods... both aspects are just as crucial to determining your dose.

For instance if you make a 'worst-case-scenario' edible such as a firecracker, or try to make an edible by just tossing herb into oil and quick-frying it, you're going to need more material (sometimes MUCH more) to achieve the desired effect, than if you were to spend the time necessary to properly activate, AND breakdown the glandular material to promote bioavailability.

Edible oil should be more efficient than smoking, so use your current tolerance and usage levels, as a guide for dosing.

A good rule of thumb at the end of processing: if you need less than you normally smoke, to get you to the desired level, you did a good job, and came pretty close or spot-on to making a great oil. If you need to eat more than the equivalent of what you'd normally smoke, it's probably somewhere along the lines of a worst case scenario edible. Take that outcome into consideration when processing your next batch to see what, if anything, you can improve.

The below should help... but one last suggestion before we get to that.

If this is your very first batch, and you can afford the potential for waste, use more herb rather than less.. if the oil comes out weak, the extra quantity should more than compensate for the mishap in processing. And if it come out well, you'll need less than a brownie to send you flying, and your only downfall is a few extra doses (aww, drat :) ).
    And save the green 'waste' herb you strain out... even if your oil comes out well, you can still use that 'waste material' to make a weak base oil. Odds are, there's at least a dose-worth or so left trapped in the oil that you couldn't strain from the waste, and making a base oil is a great way of squeezing the last drop of worthwhile potency out of your last batch of green before discarding. You can then use that base oil, instead of regular oil, with your next batch of freshly decarbed material... and voila: if you make oil regularly you've got an extra dose or two, per batch.

Photo Tutorial: Highly Activated Bioavailable Hash & Canna Oils, Edibles, Drinkables, and more...

" You'll know your oil is complete when it reaches a glossy dark brown, almost black color..... when using herb, you will follow the same protocol for using hash, except you'll be using a larger casserole or pie dish and more straining is necessary/involved. Several 'runs' can be made, using freshly decarbed plant matter, with the resulting prior batch of oil, to improve potency and concentration per dose.

[​IMG]

You can use your oil to make capsules...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Canna 'Bombs'...

[​IMG]

Glowing candy...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Main courses...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Soup...

[​IMG]

Many desserts, even Jello...

[​IMG]

Drinks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

UV/Glowing Drinks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And Ice Cream...

[​IMG]

And among the many others, there are of course the old favorites, brownies and cookies...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And more...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All of the above recipes and tutorials, are in the link. Have fun, and good luck! \t\t"

7. jesus christ im hungry now man how did u get all those pictures?

8. They're from my kitchen :) Those shots are a selection from the above link/photo-tutorials.

9. o m g.

All of that looks sooo good.

How does the pizza work? Do you just sprinkle the ground up MJ on top and then cook? or do you have to make it in the dough?

10. Beat me to it badkat :eek: I was going to recommend your hash pills.

11. Amazing. Thanks!