First attempt. Help

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Bcal421, Jan 27, 2017.

1. I have been growing this plant for about a month and a half now And it's taking a fairly long time to grow. What might be the reasons? What can I do to make it better???? Anyone???

Attached Files:

2. What's your lighting?

I have one that's not even two weeks old yet and is "huge" compared to that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I wasn't really trying to grow in just dropped a seed and now I'm kind liking the idea of a good nice harvest and willing to make all the changes necessary to correct my mistakes

Attached Files:

4. There's your problem. That's an incandescent bulb, which long story short will not grow cannabis properly.

If you're really strapped on a budget/space/time and you just want a quick and decent harvest, you can grab a 5 pack of 23w (100w equiv) CFL's locally or some T5 flouros. That'll be "enough" for a decent little harvest.

LED's are the way to go if you want something better than CFL's but don't want to have the ventilation and energy consumption of HPS.

Sounds like you got a lot to read up on. check out growweedeasy.com

5. Thanks for the info I'll make sure to change the bulbs out tomorrow. I have been doing a lot of reading but for the last week or so I did come across the lighting I just figured I had enough on the plant. Thanks again

• Like Like x 1
  6. That's alright, man. Good luck on your grow. If you take the CFL route, make sure their actual watts and not equivalent.

7. I purchased a bag of MG. Originally I wasn't planning on growing but last minute decide to just go ahead and go through with it. So ran to the store and purchase MG. But after the little research I have done the week I have read of people using MG and read of people against it. What do you recommend

8. We actually just switched to fox farm potting soil as we had issues with a flowering plant with mg. It was showing signs of deficiencies and someone had suggested to us that the mg had time release nutrients of some sort and it can really mess with the balance of your nutrients. So I would recommend against it just to be safe.

Check out my baby
    Any advice for my critical?

9. Fox farm potting I'll look into it. Any suggestions on transplanting wouldn't want to damage the roots

10. It would be easier to watch a video then explain it. Kind of squish your pot so the soil is nice and loose. Knock on the bottom of the bucket a few times. This is where you need to be careful as your plant is still very fragile. Take your hand and cover the top of the soil making a base for you to flip it over on. Be careful of your plant! Make sure you already have about 1/4 of the new soil in your new bucket at this point. Your plant will be upside down in the air. Quickly and carefully flip it back over and put it in the pot. Then just fill in the sides so the edges are slightly taller and form a bowl shape. I always put a small amount around the base of the plant also. Try not to damage the root ball in any way as your plant is already struggling. Always water after a transplant. Hope that helps :)

Check out my baby
    Any advice for my critical?

11. After making a few changes on my grow my jenny Jane is just now starting to get better. Check it out. I topped it changed soil and lights

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1