First Attempt Grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Grow4fun46, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Hey there, I'm very new to growing, and I've been reading from multiple sources for a while now. I plan on doing Hydro with a Kush strain I've read that does fairly well in a hydro set-up. I started my seeds in Rockwool, as to cause as little stress on the taproot as possible, and I have gotten a sprout about 1/4 inch tall, but it's stayed like that for maybe 4 days. Is that common? Or could I possibly be keeping the medium too moist? I have in a tub-aware container with holes to the air isn't stagnant. Any help would be appreciated!

2. do you have a hydro setup already? if not why not try a good soil setup? you can plant the rockwool cubes right under the soil and be off!

good soil, keep it moist but not soaked.

18/6 for veg

12/12 for flower

3. Not a "professional" setup, but homemade, I thought I'd give it a shot. And is a soil mix of worm castings/potting soil/peat sufficient? And the cubes, if the outside looks semi-saturated, I think too much water maybe?

4. thats a perfect combo. potting soil should already have some peat and perlite, but if not, add a bit more perlite to make it easy for the roots to grow

5. Fantastic! Is there a certain ratio in which I should do the castings? And are 3 25w 6700 lights going to be sufficient?