first attempt ever

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BongKR, Apr 27, 2010.

1. alright heres the low down. right now i have two cups both with two seeds ive had one going since last tuesday (which is starting to sprout already) and i have another that i just made 30mins. ago. i have a few questions. all i want to get out of this plant is just a few buds for my own personal stash.

1. if i leave both cups in the windoes (which is what ive been doing with the one thats sprouting) will they get enough light to grow to a decent plant?

2. i have a desk lamp that uses "soft white 30-70-100 watt regular everyday light" can i use this for a light if i have it raised above the two cups about a foot and a half away from the cups?

3. how do i keep these plants small but still will produce sumthing?

there will be more questions later... thanks everyone

2. 1. no.
    2. Yes if you use cfl's but you will need more than one.
    3. 12/12 from seed (search about it)

3. could i just use regular 52 watt bulbs or do the need to be the curly kind?

4. has the be the curly bulbs(cfl), the tubes(fluorescent), or the bulbs that are u-shaped(cfl), led, mh, or hps.

5. sooo im outta luck because the bulbs i have are just regular ones that u would put in a lamp. they wont help at all? i was thinking of leaving the cups in the window in the morning befor i leave the house, then when i come home ill put them under the lamp for a few extra hours till i went to bed, then id put them back in the window. then when they get bigger ill plant them outside.

gimme sum tips and info if u can thx

6. cfl bulbs are becomeing or have become more common and in everyway better than standard incandescent bulbs. what is the problem with buing a bulb. also it needs to be within 2 inches of the plant. the plant will not grow in a cup due to root size. I'd say a minimum of 2 gallon bucket to grow a small yet harvestable plant. it is not a window plant. it is a plant that needs a minimum of 12 hours of light a day and it wants lots of it. this is basically where you cfl comes in but I'd still stick with 100 watts of cfl bulb. the is basically 4 bulbs. $10 for a 4 pack. you can get a few "Y" adaptors sor sockets to hold all 4 bulbs and hang then right over your plant. so basically your looking at $20 for enough light to grow a great plant.

7. ok ill get one of those, but its just staying in my windoe untill it sproutes an inch or so outta the soil, then im planting it outside, iknow a cup isnt gunna work

8. it needs to be reasonably established when you transplant, or you'll most likely kill it... most people let it fill a solo cup before transplanting... so the light investment would do you good... it's ready for transplant after the 3rd-4th node... transplanting before that could be dangerous.... and leaving it in a window sill will stretch the holy shit out of it after it breaks ground...

9. if you are gonna plant it outside then you can grow it in a window/cfl combination but the light has to be a 26 watt cfl and it has to be no more than 2 inches of the plant. if the light is any farther away and the plant is not getting a full day worth of direct sunlight then you will just end up stretching and killing the plant. your sprout should be loosing it's seed and opening it's leaves revealing the first set of pointy leaves at about 1/2-3/4 inch above ground. if it's a closed sprout growing to and above 2 inches then it is still trying to find light and you need to do something.