First attempt Durban Poison and bag seed.

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Gmon3y, Sep 29, 2012.

1. #1 Gmon3y, Sep 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2012
    This is my first grow and I have already made countless mistakes but some how I have manage to keep my babies alive(2 did die).

Originally I had 4 durban poison(sprouted on 8/14) under some cfl's on a small box 18" x 18" x 20". Then move to a bigger box and put a 250w MH 14000k light that I had on my salt water aquarium, but the light completely bleached all my plants to the point that all the leafs were dried in about a day, I had to discard 2 of my babies and the other 2 were stun for about a week and a half but came back from the death. I was scare shit less then found a random bag seed in my car and decided to germinate it just in case the surviving poisons did not make it. After that big scare I switched to 222 watts of cfls but grow was going pretty slow... then I saw a 150 watt hps on craigslist for 30 bucks so I jumped on it, now I have the hps + 3 23 watt 6500k cfl which has been running for about a week and a half now.

Another mistake I made was to us MG moisture control soil which contains nuts so I nut burned them as well. When I re-potted them I flush the soil to wash out some of the nutrients in the soil and have been better since. I will be re-potting my random bag seed either today or tomorrow depending on when the rain stops.

I have more pics ready to upload but I will get to that later this afternoon. Some pics might look weird under the hps light I dont know how to fix that.

I'm in the learning process so I'm open to any suggestion/tips/criticism.

Attached Files:

2. Here are more pics...

Attached Files:

3. #3 Gmon3y, Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2012
    Here are some pics @ the end of week 4 for DP and week 1 for the bag seed.
    20120916_120117.jpg
    End of week 5 and beginning of week 2
    Now Under 150 HPS and 3 23 watt cfl 6500k
    20120921_222850.jpg
    Bag seed week 3 and DP week 6 and a half.
    IMG_20120928_204947.jpg

Attached Files:

4. Those look small for being 6 weeks old.

5. Yeah it is my fault I bleached them with my MH lights and they took a good two weeks to recover.

6. That sucks man! Hope they start picking back up & don't turn out to be males from stress. Are you still vegging them?

Bag seed looks to be doing okay. How far away are the CFL's? I know a HPS can cause it to be stretched out, but maybe if you have the CFL's up close then it won't do that. Just a thought.

7. Yeah they are. The last 3 pics I took were from yesterday, I kinda want to get them on better soil but I dont want to put them through any more stress.

8. I wouldn't worry about that just yet, try to let them recover a little longer first. If you see signs of them going back downhill, then I would transplant into some new soil. Do you have any kinda fan on the plants? That will help the stem get thicker & stronger.

9. Yeah I have 3 fans 2 on the plants and 1 on the lights. Stem is pretty solid.

10. Good to hear, sounds like you have things getting back on track, hope it gets better for ya homie!

11. I hope so too! I want to smoke some of it on xmas... lol

12. Yea I was hoping I would have mine ready by Christmas as well. :)

13. Topped a few days ago. Today I began to train to the sides.

ForumRunner_20120930_135515.png

Responding well to the lst.

ForumRunner_20120930_135543.png

Re-potted my bag seed.

ForumRunner_20120930_135705.png

Attached Files:

14. Looking good man, I think I might start lst'ing mine pretty soon. It's about to hit it's third node soon.

15. Thanx man. Go for it! I saw on your thread that you might do a MH grow, maybe I can learn a few things from it when you do.

16. I'm getting ready for that grow. I'm going to get a grow tent to put that MH in & kinda have a better environment from the start. I'm still learning myself man, but hell we can learn together! :smoke:

17. Sounds good. I might have to get better soil after all my plants are growing but the leafs are staying pretty small and might even have a ph issue. Ill put some pics up later this afternoon.

Hey what kind of mh bulb are you going to use ?

18. I'm not sure on what kind of bulb yet. I've been reading on them before I decide which one I wanna use, but I'll let you know what I decide when I do.

19. Here we go new pics from today
    7 weeks
    ForumRunner_20121002_201241.png

ForumRunner_20121002_201258.png

Week 3 and a half

ForumRunner_20121002_201314.png

Attached Files:

20. #20 Gmon3y, Oct 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2012
    OK got new pics.

Bag seed 4 weeks today.

IMG_20121005_135119.jpg

7 and a half weeks for both of the Durban poison.

This one has been topped once:

IMG_20121005_135348.jpg

This is just plain LST and a bit of lollipoppin:

IMG_20121005_135236.jpg

I dont know how much longer to veg for I kinda want my bag seed to catch up, but I want to be able to Smoke some by xmas and if curing takes some time Im not going to have much more time.

Attached Files: