First attempt at growing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Kyphin, Apr 19, 2010.

1. This is the first plant I have tried to grow and I might have to end it. :(
    I've been growing it 12/12 from seed since I have a pretty small growing
    area. It sprouted March 20th so it's about a month old. I would hate to
    destroy this plant but if it's male then I shall try again. Thanks in advance.

Keep on Tokin'. :bongin:

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      237.6 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      198 KB
      Views:
    • 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      165.8 KB
      Views:
    • 4.JPG
      4.JPG
      File size:
      179.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Have a vaporizer?

3. Yeah, sorry man, that's a male. :(

Better luck next time. :)

4. %100 a male, it looks healthy tho. Good luck next time, ill send out good vibes for you :smoking:

5. lol that plant could not look more male..good luck with your next one bro

6. Sorry bro male here.. bin it. I have a plant which i dont know the sex of so good luck at trying though..:D

7. clones are the way to start. you start out with a babe! good luck next time.

8. Damn! I figured it was.. Oh well I guess I'll just try again! Time to germinate!

9. +1 Rep for the effort. Welcome to GrassCity BTW :gc_rocks:

10. hahaha awesome bro, im so excited about starting up my own garden.
    i actually got 2 out of 4 that i germinated last week in the back, and i just started a new batch of 5 pre 98 bubbah seeds and 1 louis XIII seed so i'm looking forward to seeing which ones are males and which ones are females.
    Its outdoor so i've got awhile.
    But at my local dispensary they actually sell a kewl little indoor set up that im looking into, but for 500 dollars.

theyll do two 375 watt lights, four 4 gal buckets with their special soil and they plant the 4 strains you choose (clones) and also give enough nutrients for one harvest.

I'm sure its probably a rip off, what do you guys think?

11. $500 seems like a lot. I have mine in cardboard boxes (got them for free) and they are doing great. Just switched them to 12/12. All together with everything including clones I haven't spent more then $150.

12. yeah i know i spoke to someone and they said if im going to grow indoor i shouldnt waste my time with 375 watts, he said i should get a 1000watt hps for 6 plants.
    And a 1000watt from what ive searched goes around $230+ and the rest shouldnt be that expensive since im going soil.
    I'm hoping to get everything set up by next week.
    the sooner the better.

13. Saying that anything under 1000watts is a waste is bs. It all depends on what you want out of it. If you want to produce as much bud as you can for your space, and can provide good a environment for the plants under that light, then go ahead. But, if you're doing it more as a hobby or a learning experience, 375 watts is definitely NOT a waste. And honestly, the light may be the priciest part of the investment, but its not the only one. Cost adds up once you add the cab/tent, ventilation, nutes, environmental controls/testers, etc... I personally wouldn't jump to 1000watts for a first grow, but that's just my 2 cents. Good luck either way you go : )