First attempt at growing...with pictures. TIPS PLEASE!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by cawwwrin, Apr 29, 2011.

1. So I finally decided to do some research into growing for multiple, obvious reasons lol.

A buddy gave me 5 ruderalis seeds, only 2 sprouted and the other looks mutated.

4/11
    [​IMG]

4/27, this sprouted a few days after the first one.
    [​IMG]

4/13
    [​IMG]

4/24
    [​IMG]

4/27
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was gonna let the plant keep vegetating in the dixie cup but my buddy convinced me to transplant today. I started the seed in some shitty soil before I had the Fox Farm Ocean mix and he told me it looked like it was lacking nutrients.

We filled a bucket with a water/Vitamin B1 Solution and I carefully took the whole root cube/soil out (this was his idea, another "method" of trasnplanting??), and dunket the whole plant uderwater, carefully letting the soil fall away from the roots.

I Had my transplant pot ready and moist with a small whole for the roots. I took the plant directly from the water and planted in the new pot. I then watered everything, and now the're in my clost under two 4' Fluorescents.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Was my transplant a fuck up or should it survive?

2. Oh and heres some pictures after the transplant...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. I wish i could help you more. I dont know to much about growing myself. But hopefuly this bump will get some more experienced blades in here.

4. Yeah hopefully, I just wan't someones input on the progress of my 3 week old plants haha

5. This seed sprouted this morning.
    [​IMG]

6. almost exact to mine same soil and shit too id like to see what some one says

what kinda lights i got 100 watts of 6500k cfl on each of my grapefruit and bb x ww

mine are a little shorter and fatter only difference same amount of leaves

7. In all those pics the dirt looks way way too wet. Don't over water yourself into problems. Its better to under-water than over water.

8. Thats whats up, I gotta get myself some more CFL's

9. Every picture I took was right after I watered them. I've been letting the soil dry out almost completely before watering again. How can I tell for sure though? What are some signs of over-watering?

10. TRUE

Dead plants at this stage unfortunately! can happen quick, but if you're letting them dry good inbetween waters you should be golden.

You shouldn't remove the soil ball though, too great a risk of shocking the roots.:smoke::smoke: Best of luck and keep us posted:smoke:

11. Stick your finger down in the soil bout first knuckle deep if its dry down there water. Droopy yellowing leave can mean over watering, yours look alittle yellow but FFOF is alittle hot for seedlings, but they will be fine. Another good water trick is pick up your pot right after watering and feel its weight. Check the pot weight every so often and when it feels like it about 25% of the wet weight, Add water.

Hot out there in the PS yet? Been in the 80's over here in the IE.

12. Yeah thats what I was telling my friend but in his opinion he said it'd be better to wash the shitty gardening soil I used off and fill the whole new pot with the Fox Farm soil. Hopefully I didn't fuck up because I was planning on transplanting normally.

Thanks for the input guys, I will definitely be posting more pictures :smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoke:

13. #13 cawwwrin, Apr 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2011
    Thanks for the tip, the weight idea sounds pretty good to me. I'll try both techniques tomorrow and post a picture in the morning to show you guys if the transplant was successful haha

And yes its starting to get fuckin hotttt out here. Its 76 degrees as of right now, 12:12 AM. By the end of the middle of the week it'll finally hit the 100 degree range. FML!!

14. Last two pics for tonight, my transplant + my little closet set up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. #15 SoCalCloset, Apr 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2011
    make sure your tubes are cool white 6500k. and a clamp on light with a 23w 6500k screw in cfl over your plant wouldn't hurt either.

Oh and I'm sure the transplant will be fine. and don't worry bout knocking all the soil off just get most of it off, its fine if there is a small ball of old dirt round the roots, they will find the new better dirt quick enough.

16. Yeah I'm pretty sure they're two 64w daylight fluorescents. I'm for sure planning on investing in those CFL's, its starting to get too hot out here in the desert. Thanks your your input on my transplant situation, it's just the fact that this is my first grow and im being really cautious.

Hopefully those other seeds sprout, the 4 cups that aren't covered with paper already did :yay:

17. Always better to be over cautious than over zealous. you gunna put these in the back yard or inside?

18. Good point. Since this is my first grow thats still what I'm debating. I'm probably gonna be bringing the one in the pictures in and out every day for now just because I don't think the two 6400k's are cutting it. I have plenty of backyard area and cool neighbors so my friend was saying I should maybe try some indoors and some outside. If the rest of those seeds sprout I should have 12 plants total. The only thing about outside is the 110+ degree desert heat we get here in the summer. Maybe I can make a shade with netting over some planted outside?

19. you could set up a sun shade, but dont make it too thick do like 20% shade cloth you know just enough to cut the summer furnace blast down alittle and mist them in the evening nice.

20. I should probably start getting that ready soon before this heat wave hits next week. Thanks for the info, i'll be back in a few days with progress pics...

:bolt: