First attempt at bubble bucket, roots but no new growth.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Baked Bread Baker, Jun 5, 2015.

1. So I've been playing with a bubble cloner and after a few runs I'm now switching it to try and veg one of my rooted clones in it.

The clone spit out some roots, then I transferred to a net pot with some perlite.

Roots have grown out of the perlite and have 1 long one that's made its way to the water.

Water is sitting at 6 ph with about 300 ppm.

The top is showing no signs whatsoever since it rooted and am wondering if I just need to wait longer for more root development or if my Rez is wrong.

Pics later

2. Give it time. As long as you've got healthy roots growing, the top side will catch up in no time.

3. So not the best looking clone, still figuring out the bubbler. Roots are still growing daily.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1433533556.006079.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1433533539.414904.jpg

4. Think of it as the roots are still playing catch up to the foliage on top in terms of size. Because the plant recognizes that its Roots are responsible for holding itself up through its whole life cycle it is putting most of its energy into growing a bigger root zone for support and nutes. it will blow up soon. How strong of nutes you giving if you don't mind me asking?

5. using FF nutes, 200 ppm grow 50 ppm tiger. Just kind of winging it until I see any reaction from the top. The damage on the leaves now is from when it was still trying to root.

6. Huh... doesn't seem to terribly high so let's say you ain't over fert...got clean water so no salt buildup.... maybe restricted water to the plant because of no roots hitting water due to low res.level? That'll come back for ya no problem....try to keep that pH 5.5-6...

7. Added some more water to drop ppm to 200, ph was a little low, back up to 5.8.

Top looks to be opening up and growing, roots are busting out of the net pot.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1433778112.327966.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1433778129.041365.jpg

8. Hey man how's that thing doin?

9. It will explode sooner than u think! Patience and then watch out!