First apartment what to get for my room?

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by Brestly, Jul 18, 2013.

1. I'm gonna be moving out soon to my first apartment, I have posters and typical tv/desk/computer already but I'm interested in opinions. Trying to make my room a cool hangout spot as opposed to a place just meant for sleeping haha. I'm probably going to get some black light and a laser projector, any other suggestions?

2. \tSybian  

that's all I'm saying

3. Ouija board and candles, no furniture. Go for the minimalist vibe.

4. Get a laz boy

5. Comfy furniture is always good. I'm a fan of beer signs but just go with whatever it is you like. Having awesome lighting can really change the way a room looks, and I'm not talking about just blacklights.

If you're good with small electronic components, you could try making a strip of sound reactive LED's. I did this last year and put it on my mantle, and it's badass when I'm super blazed.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoMQn2gDEiA I put them behind glass liquor bottles on the mantle.

And here's what the mantle looks like all lit up.[​IMG]

Lighting is key.

6. a mini fridge for the smoke room
    a really badass bong, kinda a pride and joy, a center peice
    huge ass tv, maybe a 70in...if u can

7. @[member="Dubular"] thank you thats what i'm talking about
    @letssmokeasweet yeah my two roommates each have nice bongs so no worries there and we are good on Tvs also!

8. lava lamp

That is pure creativity, but sadly; i'm gonna have to steal this idea and make it my own.

10. Haha, I wish I could take full credit myself. My brother actually made the multi-color lights out of aluminum beer bottles, but he had white bulbs in them. I just took it a step further and put colored bulbs in (blue for Bud Light, green for Bud Light Lime, and red for Bud Select). And the sound reactive LEDs came from Instrucables, I just made it a lot longer than the ones on there.

Something awesome I've seen is one of my friends had a themed wall in his living room. Two huge banners, one of Jimmy Buffet/Maragritaville and another of Corona, both with beach backgrounds. He had a couple smaller posters keeping with the beach theme surrounding them,and in the center a bright yellow clock without a battery set to exactly 5:00. And most of the stuff he got from a goodwill trip.

I have a blacklight room too, and there are lots of different ways to go about it. For instance, laundry detergent glows blue under a blaclight, and its fairly invisible in daylight, so there's a world of possibilities there. Also I once saw some guys fill clear beer bottles up with water and highlighter fluid, screw the caps into the ceiling, and then screw on the bottles. Makes some pretty cool hanging '
    lamps', but does damage the ceiling a little. Another idea I had but haven't gotten around to yet is to put up some stars. I'm pretty frugal, so I had the idea to cut some stars out of cardstock and color them in with a highlighter to make them yellow. They won't glow without a blacklight, but it would be substantially cheaper to do a large area.

11. Get some wood for the fireplace

12.  small air filter (keeps air circulated, cuts down on dust)
    nice chill light that has a dimmer switch   ...looks like you got this tho
    a cool rug

13. Comfy chair , so underrated

14. Fish tank, if you're willing to spend some money and time. They automatically become the centerpiece of a room if they look good.

15. Make sure to hang something you have created on the walls

A must have.

17. Mild suggestion; get frames for your posters. They'll look so much better than just being taped/stapled to the wall.