First 4x4 Tent Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Bigolhead, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Hey. So this is my first time posting and first time growing in a tent. It’s a 4x4 tent with a 600 watt LED. It’s about 240 true watts. I’m planning on using this light and get a 2000 watt Bestva LED when I’m going into flower. I’m just gonna be posting updates because I think it’ll be fun. If you have any tips for me please feel free to give me your opinion and tips :) Im planning on doing a Blue Gelato 41, White widow, Amesia auto, and a Black Sugar. I’m currently just waiting for the beans to arrive, it’ll be about a week before my next update. Thank you and I’ll be back soon :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Subbed

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Good choice on the strain, but I think you can get better lights for the $$ you plan on spending.

Are you familiar with quantum board LED grow lights?

“Tyranny anywhere is a threat to freedom everywhere.” — someone awesome

• Like Like x 1
  4. Try Mars Pro II 1600w from Mars Hydro. It can save you the cost.

5. Well I am on a very tight budget. If you guys recommend another other LED lights I’m open suggestions. I’m just trying to stay under 300 for the new light. Please suggest lights :)

6. Well, IMO....if you are on a budget, then I’d cut corners to save costs in a few areas, but not when it comes to lighting. If you skimp on lighting, then you’re increasing the chances that you’ll end up with one thing (besides bud) at the end of your grow:

1. Regret for not getting a better grow light.

If you get a MARS grow light, then you can certainly afford some quantum boards — I paid $1 / watt or less for my QB lights. For what you get, the MARS grow lights are not worth it. The MARS light that lifelikedice suggested costs at least $500 and the technology is old and very antiquated. Those lights were great a few years ago....before COBS and QBs totally revolutionized indoor growing.

The newest grow light tech is full-spectrum WHITE light. A good rule of thumb....if the output of the light is purple (AKA “blurple”), then it’s old tech.

This is Mars Hydro spectrum.....

[​IMG]

Quantum board LED spectrum.....

[​IMG]

Which one is more likely to actually resemble “full spectrum?”

Good luck.

“Tyranny anywhere is a threat to freedom everywhere.” — someone awesome

7. I’ve been looking at the quantum boards. They do look appealing. Which panel would you recommend since I already have the 600 watt led? It’s true watt is 240

8. I have a 4x4 tent and I’d be very happy if I could stay under 300$

9. Thanks for your analyzing.
    Compare with the spectrum you showed. There are more green & yellow light for Quantum board. Don't you think that's too much for plant?

10. Actually, the plant doesnot need too much green, yellow & orange light. The LEDs offer plants what they want most is blue and red. So even Mars Hydro needs the same wattage to get the same yield as Quantum board to some degree, the quality is much different as well.

11. Hey. Sorry I ghosted I’ve just been stuck with school and work but I’m back.
    So update.
    I got my seeds and germinated a peyote critical, blue gelato 41, White Widow, and an amnesia auto. All of them popped through the soil on 11/17 except for the amnesia auto which took a bit longer so it’s a couple days behind. It’s almost the end of week 3. They are very small. I think because I ran into some overwatering problems and it seems to have slowed them down quite a lot. But I transplanted them from the solo cups i had them in and it looks like they’ve bounced back. I have the 600watt led and I added 2 23w cfl because why not. Its also getting quite cold here so the cfls do add a bit of extra heat to the tent. During day temps are about 70-80 and at night reach about 60. Humidity stays about 60-70 throughout the day. So that’s about it. I’ll listen and take advice about anything and if you guys have any tips or anything that should be brought to my attention just let me know. Thank you. Feedback is wanted :)
    IMG_2072.JPG IMG_2074.JPG IMG_2075.JPG IMG_2076.JPG IMG_2077.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum