Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

first 30 mins are intense

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 420blazed, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Ive noticed lately when ive smoked a joint the first 30 mins are kinda intense/too much, i used to be fine but it's happening lately and can sometimes get weird. anyone know whats happening?

2. try smoking less, or smoke slower. You rush the weed, the weed is going to rush you.

3. I don't know if anyone is going to be able to tell you what is going on, other than....you're high. Are you smoking different stuff than you were previously? It could be more potent. Maybe you haven't smoked in a longer time and tolerance has diminished a bit. The best solution anyone can give is to just smoke less. You can always smoke more if you want to get higher, but you cannot smoke less once you already did.

4. A few things could be happening:

1. You've got some danker weed than usual
    2. Your tolerance has gone down for some reason
    3. You're only THINKING it's more intense

Personally, I reckon it's 3. Once you start thinking "this is intense" and you start fighting it, that's when you start freaking a little.

Also you get used to the feeling after about 30 minutes.

How long have you been smoking?

5. This is true also. The best highs I have are ones where I take my time.

And I mean REALLY take my time - like smoking a bowl every 30 minutes for a couple hours.

It's just like getting drunk really. If you chug a shitload of shots, you'll be fucked up fast, but if you take your time, and sip your drinks, you can enjoy the process of getting more drunk.

6. i wish i could get so baked i was freaking out.. i barely get buzzed or higha nymore but hopefully that wont be the case after my t break is over

consider urself lucky , its all in ur head enjoy that fuckin herb son

7. hmm yrah that makes sense actually, i'm probs really high and im like holy shit or something XD ive been smoking since jan 2010

8. Rule of thumb: You're twice as drunk as you think you are, but only half as high as you think you are.

9. True because I only enjoy the high like 30/40 mins in to it

10. QFT.

And just chill and remember to enjoy it. Most people like the intensity. After all it IS a drug.

11. ok thanks it's just really putting me off smoking atm :/

12. It's normal mate. Just take your time and it'll be chill.

+rep because you remind me of me

13. it might be because i've been getting sativa's lately can't get my hands on some indica, i think that would sort it

14. Space out your hits man, I used to have this same problem. It felt like I was going to have a heart attack. Just space out your hits until you slowly get to the level of high you want. Also remember that most of it is in your head and you will come off it and feel better. :wave:

peace

15. thanks for the advice guys! i was really considering quitting the herb altogether at one point :/ i felt it was making me crazy when i got the huge buzz at the start

16. Weird like raping-spree weird, or weird like 'I want to destroy the human race' weird?

17. ya i think you just got too high too fast, i would take advice others have given and take it a bit slower.

18. i kind of like the rush when it hits you your like ohhh shit haha

19. Knock you on your ass high? Hell yeah.:smoking:

20. i love when my friend is driving and im smoking a blunt or J...then next thing i know everything looks a lil bit more interesting than usual ;)