First 3 Bible Belt States?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by thebeaver50, May 26, 2013.

1. They went on a spice busting spree in Asheville not to long ago that almost took down the biggest head shop chain around here, The Octopus Garden. They were selling that Bizarro shit under the counter to all sorts of poor addicted people. I used to respect that place but knowing they were doing that ruined them for me. There are better and more locally oriented head shops now anyways so good riddence to those 2 timing bastards haha.

2. You forgot indiana.

3. Kentucky
    Missouri
    Tennessee

Tennessee may be farther off than the other two states, but they've got one bulldog of a congressman named Leahy who has taken on Eric Holder and other DoJ and DEA officials on the matter. Things are looking up for Tennessee for sure. http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2013/05/steve-cohen-eric-holder-pot-prosecution

Missouri residents are basically split down the middle, but beginning to tip the scale in legalization's favor. As for Kentucky, all we need to do is ditch Mitch McConnell, and I still do not trust flip flopper, Rand Paul. So, as far as I'm concerned, he needs to go too.

4. Kentucky is too dependent on the Tobacco and Bourbon industries to ever legalize.

The governer of Kentucky, Steve Beshear, is so backward he would not even sign the Hemp bill!

Fortunately it had enough support to pass anyway.

5. mississippi is already decriminalized...

6. I don't think the south will ever legalize it.

7. #27 thebeaver50, May 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2013

This is why I am moving my whole family west towards Colorado .

My daughter cant afford to go without her father just because I smoke weed and like to grow weed .

Here , 1 Plant will land you a felony and potential 5 years in prison in North Carolina.  

8. #29 JoeVullion13254, May 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013
    No bible belt state has any chance ever! You cant even get medical marijuana passed in liberal states like New York!

Do you mind elaborating on what that link is? 

I see it has a date at the bottom of " 1975 " . How old is this info and what is it?

Thank you for any information .

10. There has been a shift in the churches of most religions,,the most obvious being the Baptist,,,they have quit publishing a monthly diatribe about the dangers of marijuana or talking to anyone that knew anything about it,,the last,TMK,being just before the 30>40 pastors in WA/OR signed on supporting legalization for the sole reason of the way the WOD was being racially enforced....

Now if any church group spreads fear mongering propaganda for the government grant money,,how long before someone tags them for doing it because they are bigots? It is something most of the organized religions I have dealt with a reason for pause.

11. Arkansas will be one the first because the Ozarks is full of old hippes next time it's on the ballot it will pass. Next would be Oklahoma and Texas

Sent from my VS840 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. indiana borders Lake Michigan is only a few miles away from Chicago...Indiana is not southern

13. NC and VA won't due to tobacco and Pat Mccrory. There is a surprising amount of people in Alabama who support weed or are neutral about it. I'd say Alabama has a good shot at medical/decriminalizing in few years. But for the first three:

1. Missouri
    2. Georgia (if ATL speaks loud enough to outweigh the rest of the state)
    3. Arkansas

Runners up: Alabama and Florida

Florida is a candidate but the problem is that old people move to Florida and old people are more conservative(in general)

14. Being someone who lives in the "bible belt" I can tell you that it will be Alabama, Tennessee, Mississippi.  The reason I chose these 3 is because Alabama is working on a MMJ bill, Tennessee is trying to get a bill for MMJ set up and Mississippi is already de-crimm and should be easy for them to pass a law as well.

15. The 1979? I believe that was when the bill was introduced.
    They tried to repeal it in 1998 but it's still in effect today, even though no one knows about it. I've heard that lately more people are learning and medicating, but not sure how true that is since I haven't been there in a while. Also, note the wording. "Prescription" and not "recommendation", so no dispensaries(Least not that I've heard of) but I believe still legal for use for those with glaucoma and cancer. I'm not really completely sure, so don't quote me, but at least there is a law.

Only other link I can find without just the law:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_policy_of_Virginia
    Annnnd information about legislation and what not(Gotta start somewhere!):
    http://www.mpp.org/states/virginia/
    http://norml.org/state-by-state-news/60-nf-va

In the last link, the snythetic weed they are talking about is 'spice.' It's a really bad problem in VA right now and they're trying to do away with it. The only reason why people in America started smoking it is because of probationary disciplines as well as how many drug tests are done out there for jobs.

16. Many of you are not seeing the potential in Virginia. True we are home to a few Big Tobacco companies and have a major Anheiser-busch center in the state but the people will be increasingly for legalizing. See it how Obama did, Northern Virginia and Virginia Beach have most of the population and are far from being bible belt. Richmond is also very open and sure there is a lot of church people but not at all the die hard bible belt conservatives that dominate many other bible belt states.

Cuchenelli has said he supported the rights for Colorado and Washington to do what they did and will likely be the next governor.

I see it coming here 

Have you ever driven through Indiana?  excluding Indianapolis and Gary.....you might as well be in Kentucky

for that matter....in Illinois, if you are south of I-80, you might as well be in Missouri

18. #39 pearl75, May 30, 2013
    Last edited: May 30, 2013
    That part in bold is all that really matters. We got hemp because the people wanted it. Kentucky was also the first Southern state to implement any kind of decriminalization of the drug, and that was back in 2010 or 11. We also have a medical marijuana bill being debated at this time, for which the support has grown exponentially since the passing of the late, great Gatewood Galbraith. And...we have Woody Harrelson. :p  

Thanks for the reply , that's clears up a good bit of what I was wondering  :)