First 2015 trip to Amsterdam

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Zootini, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Hi Guys, 

I'm travelling to Amsterdam on the 17th and was just wondering if there is any new legislation around cannabis I should be aware of? I have been several times before and my question is really off the bat of the issues High Times faced at last years Cannabis Cup. 

Also any strains people would recommend? I have cookies on my list so far... 

This time round I want to explore cool places in Dam, nice places to smoke other then coffeeshop? Bars, clubs to recommend? 

Any help on the above points would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks buds. 

2. Wasnt it illegal for tourists a few years back.

I'm sure its illegal now for both tourists and residents due to fuckin assholes in the system.

3. As far as I know they stopped the cards that residents needed to use in Holland to buy weed.  I believe in Amsterdam it's always been fairly easy to still get weed and you can with over 200 coffee shops.  There's actually a page on the amsterdam website about it.  Just google.

4. Okay i went last year.

You don't need a card you just have to be over 18.

Dabs are illegal and considered a hard drug, however solventless extractions are still legal. 

Personally my favourite coffeeshop is 1e Hulp, a lot of people say Eernst Hulp is great but i've never been. 

A lot of the coffeshops are tourist traps, beware. 

You're allowed to smoke weed but not tobacco in quite a few of the pubs there.

The red light district is always fun after dark.

Rent yourself a bike to get around.

Watch out for British tourists, i'm English so i'm allowed to discriminate here; the only arseholes you will ever meet in Amsterdam, the only people who might give you trouble are always British, usually English. So watch out for the cheap tracksuits and shitty Reebok trainers.