First 150w hps grow what u think?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jash1240, Mar 13, 2010.

1. What up GC?
    Its my first grow, She's a healthy Granddaddy Purp baby girl! I didnt get my 150w HPS untill she was about 7-8 wks old, so she was stressed with a shitty light schedule for a while (I would put her by the sliding glass door and the hours were not stable)!
    Anyways since i got the light i kept her on an (18/6) schedule for about 4 weeks...About two weeks before i put her into flowering (Today is her 5th day in flowering (12/12)) I received my FFOF and Nutes! (She was grown from seed in Miracle Gro soiless mix)
    I added about three inches of FFOF on top of the Miracle Gro, and started feeding with Grow Big. (Every 2nd Watering)
    When i put her into flowering i started feeding her the Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom
    But like i said this is my first grow so im trying to learn as much as possible so please feel free to give opinions and critisms....
    KEEP IT REAL GC:D
    Sorry its a link but it wouldnt let me put the same pictures i put on another post, If you could reply on this thread not the link
    http://forum.grasscity.com/general-indoor-growing/557341-150w-hps-closet-grow-7.html#post6981664

2. I just learned about topping and LST about three weeks ago....So i did both at that time! :smoking:

3. I previously cloned two and they both died:eek:
    I used a substitute for cloning gel, and they didnt make it so i went out and got some clonex....
    Im hoping these babies make it:cool:

Come on GC let me kno what ya think:D

Attached Files:

4. Man...youre stylin now !!!
    I'll pm later.
    :smoking:

5. #5 Jash1240, Mar 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2010
    She started budding Yesterday:D...She was 8 Days into Flowering!
    These pics are from today...9th Day into Flowering.
    Feeding Schedule: 1/2 Tbl Big Bloom, 1 tsp Tiger Bloom every other watering!
    She's in a 3-gallon pot so i water her every other day, With Rainwater (no nutes) and Rainwater with the BB and TB!

KEEPS IT REAL GC

Attached Files:

6. LooOkkin pretty yummy!!!:smoking:

7. You've got a lot of lower leaf and stem growth going on there which is ultimately going to pull away from the plant's energy in producing nice, development and sugary top buds.
    It's a good idea to trim off the small lower scraggly buds and leaves that aren't receiving much light; they will NOT ultimately development in anything worth smoking so it's best to trim them off.

Good luck!

8. Are you saying to cut the whole branches off, all the way to the main stem? And if so which ones and how many?
    Sorry-Imma alil stickity right now :D

9. I should cut off all those big ass fan leaves an branches at the bottom that aren't getting light huh?

10. Ok so i took these pictures two days ago! She already looks alot differently
    I Cut a good bit of the Fan leaves and branches at the bottom that were not receiving light (Not TOOOO many tho)
    I will get some more pics in a couple days!
    But now all my bud sites are getting great light penetration

The thing is there is ALOT more bud sites than what you can see in the pictures....

Attached Files:

11. Not true at all, leaf growth doesnt take away from any production in the bud department at all, infact it helps it becuase thats one of the main ways plants get light and convert it into "energy".
    Some people usualy cut off larger sucker leaves that are blocking budsites or are starting to fall off on their own due to the plant reaching the end of its life. Lowder branches and leaves dont take away from anything else of the plant and the upper bud production though, buds on lowder branches are just usualy not as dense or big as the ones closer to the top or the light source becuase simply that... they are not as close to the light source as the top branches and the light often doesnt penetrate down to the bottom branches as well when their are larger sucker leaves in the way blocking light. This can be fixed by simply tucking the larger leaves under budsites allowing light to get down their.
    I really hope you didnt go and start cutting off all that growth down towards the bottom, if anything its going to shock the plant depending on how much you took off and thats never a good thing to do in the middle of flowering.

12. Wow man i appreciate it! I did cut some off so i hope she will be alright:confused:

13. Shell be fine if you didnt take much off. It is always a no no to prune a plant a good bit especialy cut full branches off when shes flowering as these things cause stress, and although probably wont be enough to turn a plant hermi or anything it does slow growth and its most important time to be growing...
    Thats the thing i hate about people comming on here and giveing answers that they arnt sure of to people who need the right answer. Often times its the wrong answer then you have what just happened here...

14. Ok so here are some updated pictues...The pics of my Big plant are from about four days ago....(Day 20 of Flowering)

I took the picture of the clones today!

In the Greenhouse
    In the cups: i have two White Rhyno seeds and one Northern Light seed with two GDP Clones

The bottom two: one is a Skunk #1 and a GDP Clone

Attached Files:

15. Ok so here's updates on my curling problem!
    I posted a couple pics in another thread but they were from my phone so here are some good ones....

The leaves aren't quite as yellow as my camera shows (shitty cool pix) but the ends that look burnt and curled are definately that!

I got some advice to flush it----DuH why didnt think of that:rolleyes:
    I thought it was light burn but now i think i was over Nuting her! I was using 1/2 strength so now im going back down to 1/4 strength

Ok so here's where your advice comes in what do you think it is????

I just flushed her with 6 gallons of water, waited bout 30 mins and flushed another 2 gallons....Than watered with 1/4 strength nutes of FF...

ANYTHING ELSE YOU CAN THINK OF TO DO????:eek:
    Holla back GC...KEEPS IT REAL:hello:

Attached Files:

16. Good call, man. Usually the day after I flush it looks perkier than ever. Other than that, keep doin what you're doin. Have you tried molasses, though?

17. No man i have researched it a little bit...But how do you use it? What kind of molasses? I want to use it just dont know how

18. I've been reading on adding sugar as well...Supposedly beefs up your Buds, something like 20% maybe?

Anyone hear of this technique?

19. Adding sugar is essentially what you're doing by adding molasses. They are basically carbs which the plant can use for additional energy. Sorry if that's not the scientific way to say it, but basically that's what it does. Use only unsulfered molasses, blackstrap is said to be the best, but Grandma's works. Use 1-3 tablespoons per gallon every watering as soon as you go into flowering for good results. Some use it only for the final two weeks flush: when you flush in the last two weeks, you won't be using any nutes. To fill the nutrient void, the molasses will give your plant the energy it needs to finish out its final days with a bang.

20. Ok ok, so im on day 25 of flowering now...I could start using it? And sorry im a lil stickity so its taken me a min! When i flush with two weeks left i wont add nutrients after that, i understand that part...but your saying to keep using the molasses during that two weeks? And i just keep watering like normal at that point right?