Firs Time Outdoor Grow. Have some Questions.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by LithuanianGnome, Apr 4, 2012.

1. #1 LithuanianGnome, Apr 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2012
    Well I'll be growing outdoors for the first time this year and I have a few questions. First I need two some help finding a soil that I can put my plants in and is there a way to flush the chemicals out of them before harvest. I would like to go organic, but it seems like there's too many things that go into that sort of soil mixture and I don't have that kind of time nor money. I plan to put about roughly four or five plants into the ground. I was curious if there is any soil mixture I can go out and buy that would already have pretty much what I need, so I can basically dig the hole and plant. I do have a compost pile though. I would like to have a successful crop at the end of the year. I'm not worried about them being pulled up because I know the area I'm growing on very well. I would like to get the maximum out of my plants. Please any help will do. I have four I started from sprouts and I'm getting a couple of clones of G-13 and Skunk #1 from a friend and those I surely don't want to mess up because their costing me $$$.

2. Wouldn't have thought you would go wrong using 50/50 compost and native soil, then chuck in some sand or perlite for drainage. Most important thing is pH, if you can get a pH tester then adjust it with lime or sulphur to around 6. To flush just give it pure water with no nutes for the last few weeks of flowering.

Edit - builder's sand, sea sand has too much salt and will kill it

3. Gnome im wondering the same thing just a cheap bag of soil that is ready to go and i can use the whole grow without adding any extra into the soil ...

4. Look for bags called bumper crop. It's is the shit bagged soil. They have the same mix in a potting soil to. Just more perlite.
    http://www.coastofmaine.com/mn-bumpercrop.shtml
    It's the red bag on the first page. Lots of good stuff in it.