Firefox users

Discussion in 'General' started by AimedForDeath, Mar 19, 2006.

1. So I always find myself going through the General list of forums, and I'll pick out Recreational, General, Real Life Stories, and a few others and then from there I will go and open threads that look interesting (all of this into tabs on one browser), and I'll go from there. Does anyone else surf the City like this? Perhaps it's because I'm blazed and I'm a wierd guy. Lets hear you holla FF users!

-AFD:hello:

2. FF user right here never gonna use ie again in my life

3. Damn right, I can't. I try to use it at school and it's so repetitive. You have all those open windows, ugh, just not worth my time AT ALL!

-AFD

4. 110% aggred

5. sort of...i always go to the new posts page and open up the threads i want to read from there. sometimes when im stoned ill forget that i have the 'new posts' page open and click 'new posts' when im down with the thread i opened. so after like 10 minutes ill have like 10 tabs of the "new posts" page. :laughing:

ps: sorry for the rambling. :eek:

6. i just look thru the "new posts" thing

i only go thru and use the tabs method u describe when its 1 am or later and there is only 25 or so threads in the new posts section

7. ya dude thats exactly what i do FF is the way to go i love the tabs....o and Opera is always good too but a lot of things dont work w/ it :( o well.....gotta go smoke :wave:

:smoking:

8. hell yea man. exact same way aswell. sometimes I forget what i've opend then alll of the sudden I come to a 2nd part of a story 10 mins later and am like "oh shit!"

haha

9. i surf very similarly... first i check out the RSS feed to see what's new... then if they aren't interesting i check general.... surf there stuff that looks interesting first and as i go back and forth, other threads i may want to read in tabs.... then, i check my posts and threads to see what action is goin on in them

10. i used to use firefox, until i found opera. firefox fans should love it. it's safer and supposedly the fastest free browser out right now. check it out if you are a browsing junkie

11. i dont know what id do if i didnt have FF. id be screwed. its sooo fast and easy. im with AFD im constantly "tab browsing" as i call it. plus i mean come on you get a multi-searchbar without downloading one and getting 100000 new pieces of spyware and adware

12. add one more vote to the "is there any other way?" side.

13. i use firefox, i just like the way it feels better than ie

14. Too bad for you non-Mac users because Safari is the best browser hands down.

15. I'd v. much disagree. I've been a mac user since my toddlerhood with the tiny, greenscreen macs. And while i love apple with all my heart and soul, safari is a crappy firefox wannabe. EVERY computer i've had that has safari on it... at some point, safari randomly decides it hates the world and won't load, or will crash the computer every time i open it, or so on and so forth. Plus, it won't let me change the default browser, except through safari's pref. panel. So i usually either get firefox immediately, then change default to that, or end up uninstalling safari.

I like camino O.K., though. It's the prettiness of safari mixed with the functionality of FF.

16. No way, Mac's blow and so does Safari, I have that on a few of the computers at school. It's shitty.

-AFD

17. Yea FF rules, ive only been using it after i saw it in SJ's sig a few months back, but im glad i did. My pages all load lightning fast and its so easy to browse the net in diff tabs and certainly helps on the city wen im browsing all the diff forums!!

18. Firefox ftw!

I try to use IE at school as well, can't do it.

Once you get spoiled with FF, you can't just go back to using shit, you have to have your tabs, your RSS feeds, your little search bar to the right or the URL bar, your quick CTRL-F to find the word your looking for without a new window popping up........ oh Firefox, what would I do without you?

19. I have Opera and FF on my comp. It seems opera uses less ram and the mouse gestures are are awsome one you get them down. so I find myself using it more then FF.

20. haha thats exactly what happens to me