FireFox 1.0

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Gri77oN, Nov 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. for those of you whom wish to know: It is my impression that GrassCity forums are rendered faster with FireFox than with mozilla.

just saying that \'cause firefox 1.0 is here.

ok maybe I should be a little more precise:

Firefox is an internet browser, like Konqueror, InternetExplorer , safari .
    It\'s open source, and I find it /very/ fast.
    http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/central.html

2. I\'m sold. downloading now and uninstalling Mozilla.

*edit* that was such a painless transition. \"Would you like to transfer your bookmarks, passwords, preferances, etc. from Mozilla?\" - Yes - \"would you like Firefox to be your defult Browser?\" - Yes.

Simple... nice... easy...

3. LUCKY YOU !!

i stupidly uninstalled mozilla before installing FireFox.
    so i had to redo all by hand.

anyway greeeaaaattt browser , real slick and fast.

4. ok, now im really confused..I dled (a while ago) mozilla. when it was extracted to my desktop, it was labeled mozilla but in my running aps it is referred to as foxfire..damn im confused.

5. The Mozilla Projects hosts many programs:

Mozilla suite (browser + irc + mail + html editor)
    Firefox (browser) (use to be called phoenix)
    ThunderBird (mail)
    Chatzilla (irc)
    Sunbird (calendar)

the learning curve for an internet explorer user to switch to FireFox is fast, and the benefit from switching are legions..

6. I still use IE, but i know a few people with firefox and have heard nothing but good things. Im thinking about checking it out for myself.

7. I switched from IE 2 days ago to mozilla firefox and i love it. Nice and easy, especially with the extension for controlling your media player from your browser window, and how effective adblock is. Plus i can now have easy easy access to Gcity as a tabbed website, along with my other frequent favourites.

How come this thread is in Pandoras box though, im sure it would reach more people on the General forum?

8. no need. Firefox gets all the publicity it needs that way: by hearing people telling the truth about it: it\'s /way better/ then IE.

9. Ive actually almost convinced my mum to change from IE to firefox, as it would be safer for her work and business. Aswell as this, todays paper had a feature on Firefox and other free browsers. So she may well be convinced by now.

10. yea I switched from IE long ago, just got firefox a few months back though...

our school is actually thinking of changing to firefox, that would cool

11. I use safari, which I am fairly certain is the fastest browser for MacOSX

12. I had switched to it on my regular PC back when I was having so much trouble and my trouble ended. I just downloaded it to my new laptop. I don\'t want to use IE. Fuck IE! :p

13. Firefix 1.0 rocks, screw netscape & IE. Im loving it. :)

14. welp, folks, i am ISO HELP!
    I successfully downloaded foxfire onto my computer, but now am working on another. We\'ve been trying to speed this machine up some, and it seems that IE is been given us trouble. Its the second time I tried to install foxfire, and am still having trouble in the set-up. I can t read the options in front of the buttons that you have to choose in order to complete the setup. and on the forth and what i think last page, I cant click next at all..
    just wondering if anyone has experienced this as well..I havent heard to many problems about the browser let alone the set-up process..
    im checking the troubleshooting/forum pages on the site as well and havent come across anything..
    things that make you go....

15. tip that is always a good tip, whatever the problem:
    run a scandisk

+++

all products from mozilla.org have an install uninstall feature that works great. I\'ve never heard of such a problem.

So my diagnosis would be that your machine has a problem..

I can be more pricise:
    when one launches the infamous
    Firefox Setup 1.0.exe

the setup program first launches its environement, then uses it to display the different dialog boxes.

from what you describe, Sensi, it is the first part of the process that seems to not be done correctly...

+++

Sensi, if I had a go at that computer I would:
    -check there is enough space in the %temp% directory
    -redownload the executable
    -close/kill all processes possible
    -try again.

if still the same problem, i would download mozilla suite
    home page: http://www.mozilla.org/products/mozilla1.x/
    directdownload latest stable: http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla....ozilla1.7.3/mozilla-win32-1.7.3-installer.exe
    (as of today: 1.7.3)

and try the same procedure.

if mozilla installs correctly, I\'d install straight behing firefox, then uninstall mozilla (I\'ve done that on a pc, I know it\'s a work around that can works)
    +++++++++++

if you do want more help, Sensi, I\'m sure many citizens (gals too) are willing to help.

we need:
    os version
    internet explorer version
    computer: cpu / ram / hd
    an autographed photo of your smile.

^__^

16. oh well ... I thought I\'d try ...

17. HIGH All, been using it for a while now and I love it. Everytime I open IE I get mega virus windows, tried everything except reinstalling XP. So it\'s FF 1.0 All the for me....I Also use Opera.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.