Fired for Bullshit reasons?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by CosmicColossus, Jul 2, 2013.

1. So to start things off, I was a dishwasher at a restaurant I worked there for 3 months. At the end of the first month I'm told I need to pick up the pace, try to remember where stuff goes etc. So I do that, hardly ask questions where anything goes (besides maybe 1 thing I see once a shift) I MEMORIZE where ALL the dishes and cutlery are put away. Have everything remembered, line cooks say I improved a lot, speed is better, doing a good job etc. THAN 2 months later (today) The head chef says "Well, I have to let you go, you can't remember where stuff goes and your not fast enough, I can't afford to keep you" MEANWHILE I have gotten able to clear everything fast, and only recent problem with remembering? Ramikens were side up instead of completely vertical.  The head chef was able to give me NO examples of my failures what so ever. His response my that was "oh uhhh uh, I didn't come to the decision alone, we made it as a staff" MEANWHILE the wait staff just chill most of the time, sometimes don't pick up people's order until 10-20 minutes AFTER it's been done. Oh also almost EVERYONE there would drink well at work (except me) and I'm the one who slacks off?  

Sorry for rant, thoughts?

2. fuck that job. you were washing dishes dawg...let that shit go. get a another job

3. True, but it was still fucked

4. Sounds like you were unfairly fired. It happens man. I got fired from bussing a restaurant for no reason, even though I consistently did my work perfectly and helped pick up the slack in other areas. I was courteous, everyone loved me, until after New Years I got a text from the head waitress telling me they didn't need more for a while and would let me know when they needed me. Cool, np, it was a weekend job for extra cash. Next day she texts me saying I'm fired. No reasoning behind it or anything. Ridiculous :laughing:

Just get a friend you made there to act as the manager for a reference.

5. I always knew there was something I didn't like about ramekins. Cheeky little bastards.

6. Yea man it was, especially when the line cooks said I had been doing a good job. 

Well now that you've got experience in the restaurant business, try getting a job as a server. :D

8. Yea true true