Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Firecrackers inconsistent?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Bluntmastaflex, Feb 22, 2013.

1. OK so the first time I made firecrackers, they worked perfectly. I used the tutorial from one of the sticky threads and it kicked in at about 1 hour and had the full effects going at about 2.

Specs for session #1
    Skippys Natural Peanut Butter (Worked and doesn't contain hydrogenated oil)
    Honey Graham Crackers
    About 0.7 grams of cannabis per cracker.

We placed the weed on the cracker, mostly towards the middle and sandwiched it between two squares with peanut butter on both sides. Microwaved for 15 seconds and wrapped in foil. It was than cooked at 320 degrees for 22 minutes and removed from foil. Microwaved again for another 15 seconds to make sure the THC was absorbed. Now this firecracker method worked like a charm. Made about 2 servings of firecrackers. We ate one each and it worked.

Specs for session #2
    Some other brand of natural PB
    Oreo Cookies
    About 0.25 grams per Oreo cookie.

We did the same exact method as session #1 and made about 8 cookies with 0.25 g each. Ate two Oreos each and got similar effects as the first session which was a success.

Specs for session #3
    Skippys Natural Peanut Butter
    "I can't believe it's not butter"
    Canola Oil
    Honey Graham Crackers
    Close to a graham of weed in each cracker.

So this time we tried making 4 firecrackers and thought we could increase the potency by adding more oils and fatty products. So I mixed about a tablespoon of Canola oil and a tablespoon of "I can't believe it's not butter" with my bowl of "Skippy's Natural Peanut Butter". Now this is the same exact jar of peanut butter from session #1 which was a success. The cooking directions were pretty much the same as session #1 except this time we are cooking 4 instead of 2. The only difference I can spot is that we might have let the cookies cool off after bring them out of the oven before microwaving them for another 15 to get more of the THC absorbed. Also we might have used slightly more peanut butter than the first session.

Anyways after making the firecrackers we ate one each later that day, and the effects didn't really kick in until an hour and a half later. Except this was only a slight buzz and was nothing compared to the first successful session. I'm not sure if adding the extra products threw it off or if cooking 4 instead of 2 firecrackers is a significant difference. I need help diagnosing what exactly went wrong the third time.

2. First, skip the microwave. Unneeded and may actually hurt the final product by vaporizing THC. Second, "I can't believe it's not butter" is margarine and will not help.

Make sure you grind the MJ as fine as possible, mix thoroughly into PB. Adding a little extra oil my help a bit, try coconut oil.

Since you aren't decarbing, the final outcome has a lot to do with your weed. If its fairly fresh very little of the THCA has been converted to THC. Leaving you unhappy with the final product. My guess is the first couple times you had MJ that had aged for a while, naturally decarbing it. This batch has probably not aged enough to have decarbed naturally.